International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Manager, Global Health
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: Senior Director or designee, Global Health
Type: Regular Full-Time
Overview: IBTCI is currently seeking a Manager for its Global Health practice area. This position will provide technical assistance and management support across several technical programs and business development opportunities and be responsible for the management of a project. This is a full-time position. This position will be based primarily in our Headquarters in Vienna, VA, with some time in IBTCI’s Washington, DC satellite office. The Manager’s office location and practice area could change based on company discretion.
Please apply here: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2144/manager%2c-global-health/job
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with senior staff on larger business development initiatives/proposals.
- Serve as technical lead/writer on small proposals (no more than $500K). Tasks could include:
- Initiate and follow through on new business development opportunities.
- Participate in proposal preparation activities.
- Collaborate on technical and non-technical sections of proposals.
- Represent IBTCI in business development or project implementation meetings with partners and/or clients.
- Manage consultant recruitment for proposals and short term technical assistance activities.
- Serve as point of contact on the technical side for partner organizations.
- Partner with Project Directors with management of contracts and task orders.
- Manage small projects of no more than $500K as Project Director. Tasks could include:
- Manage contract implementation including research/technical, logistical, budgetary and operational aspects of contract.
- Initiate development of consultant and sub-contractor contracts and purchase order agreements.
- Manage consultant recruitments for short and long-term positions.
- Prepare, compile and/or edit program reports and work plans.
- Monitor project budgets and realign when necessary.
- Prepare technical deliverables in coordination with senior staff.
- Work independently on basic MERL or global health conceptual models, analytical frameworks and methodologies. Tasks could include:
- Complete technical tasks on monitoring, evaluations, research, learning, practice projects.
- Conduct research for field-based projects as needed.
- Attend management and business development meetings as required.
- Attend client meetings as required.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in one of the following sub-sectors in health systems strengthening, maternal, neonatal and child health, sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria, WASH, health financing and/or nutrition.
- Experience start-up and implementation support for international development projects.
- Experience in all aspects of the proposal process: capture management, partnering, research, recruitment, writing, red-teaming, support to costing proposals.
- Familiarity with the development consulting and NGO community and its actors preferred.
- Overseas experience working in the development sector.
- Demonstrable results oriented, flexibility and problem solving skills.
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and/or foreign assistance activities.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience, predominantly in international development or related work with a Master’s degree required or 7 years with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong communications skills required.
- Oral and written fluency in English required; fluency in French highly desired.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, International Development, Policy Analysis, Economics, Public Administration, Business Administration and/or Statistics/Social Research required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.