Resonance is seeking candidates for the role of Manager to join our growing Inclusive Markets team. The Manager will be responsible for providing technical, project, and task management support to a portfolio of programs focused on partnerships, private sector engagement (PSE), innovation, competitiveness, workforce development, and enterprise development across a variety of sectors. The Manager will play key technical roles for both DC-based and field assignments. S/he will also play a critical role in our business development strategy as we continue expanding this practice area through the development and deployment of innovative investment and partnership solutions for growing enterprises in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
This is a full-time position based in our Burlington, VT, or Washington, DC, office, reporting to the Director, Inclusive Markets. This is a great career opportunity to join a dynamic and growing team.
Project Management (35%)
• Serve as manager for a portfolio of client projects and/or work streams, ensuring outstanding technical delivery as well as efficient and compliant budget management
• Serve as a client relationship manager under Resonance projects, as designated, within the Inclusive Markets practice
• Mentor and supervise junior home office as well as project staff
• Apply technical expertise to client projects to identify, build, manage, and evaluate PSE approaches and partnerships, using Resonance’s Sustainable Transparent Effective Partnerships (STEP) methodology in areas such as food security, supply chain development, trade and competitiveness, technology for development, financial inclusion, innovation and enterprise development, export and market development
• Support field assessments, research/analysis, curricula development for training, training delivery, PSE workshop preparation and delivery, and evaluations to advance PSE and partnership development for Resonance’s clients and projects
• Support the design and deployment of approaches to develop and support SMEs and social enterprises to advance Inclusive Markets project objectives
• Support the development and deployment of new investment and innovation models across sectors, leveraging private capital, donor funding and local resources
• Provide technical assistance to client projects to identify, build, manage and evaluate innovation and partnership and shared value initiatives
Business Development (20%)
• Contribute to Inclusive Markets team in expanding the portfolio by developing and deepening client relationships with donor agencies, commercial entities, foundations, development finance institutions, and others
• Support the capture and proposal development process, including the management of proposals, writing of technical inputs, supporting development of cost inputs, and coordinating with partners, prime contractors, and subcontractors
• Contribute to the Inclusive Markets diversification strategy and goals
Thought Leadership (10%)
• Draft blog posts and articles that demonstrate and advance Resonance’s leadership in areas such as partnerships, private sector development, and corporate sustainability
• Advanced degree in international relations or other related field
• Experience working in frontier markets on complex global development issues;
• Not less than five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in international development, management consulting, or corporate sustainability, preferably for USAID- and other USG-funded projects
• Not less than three (3) years of experience in the field in developing countries, preferably managing activities related to partnerships, private sector development, or corporate sustainability
• Familiarity with USAID and other donor policies and processes
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to travel up to two weeks at a time on short notice
• Eligibility to work in US
• Professional fluency in Spanish, French, and/or Arabic preferred
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Manager, Inclusive Markets” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.