Manager, Institutional Relations
Grameen Foundation is interested in hiring a top talented professional with strong experience in one of the three fundamental areas: Agriculture - Global/DFS - Health Finance. A strong plus if the candidate has experience in more than one required area.
Location: This position can be remote but it requires a location that is accessible to a global or institutional funder base I.e. London, Paris, Brussels, New York and Washington DC. Applications may not be considered if location is not outlined in the cover letter.
JOB SUMMARY & KEY PRIORITIES:
The Manager, Institutional Relations will be responsible for securing funding from institutional funders to support Grameen Foundation’s work globally, working closely with the Director, Institutional Relations. Specifically, the Manager will provide writing and backstop support to a robust pipeline of global new business opportunities in any of the areas of Digital Innovation in Agriculture, Global DFS, Health and Finance. The Manager will seek to advance the strategic and programmatic goals of Grameen Foundation in terms of broader donor cultivation and/or depth/breadth of portfolio. As part of this work, the Manager will be expected to identify, cultivate and engage institutional funders and/or technical resource groups, which will involve attending in-person meetings, market engagement sessions, events/conferences, etc. His/her work will also include capturing business intelligence and keeping database accounts accurate and up-to-date.
The Manager will be an excellent writer and communicator, excel at close coordination with Grameen’s technical advisory, research and geographic teams, champion a gender-responsive approach, establish beneficial partnerships, and submit high-quality, competitive funding proposals.
Candidates are sought to have demonstrated success in institutional fund-raising, have an interest and proficiency in either Global/Agriculture - Global/DFS – Global Health Finance, home location should be accessible to a global capital city or institutional funder base.
Reporting and relationships: The Manager, Institutional Relations will report to the Director, Institutional Relations (Global).
Availability: This position is expected to be full-time (100% of a standard workweek of 40 hours). Some travel (up to 20%) may be required.
- Pursue institutional funding for a portfolio of new projects
- Cultivate new institutional funders, including small and medium-size foundations, corporations, and bilateral and multilateral donors;
- Work hand-in-glove with technical advisory staff on the design and development of the technical approach, and coordinate effectively with geographic team members;
- Coordinate brainstorming, research and partner outreach, and track and follow up on business intelligence leading up to bid opportunities;
- Write pitch/strategy documents, concept notes, and proposals as well as meeting minutes, team updates, database records, etc.
- Maintain Salesforce record accuracy and timely updating, as well as other knowledge management tasks for the global pipeline;
- Set up and facilitate internal and external meetings/calls.
- Other duties, as may be assigned, in support of institutional fund-raising.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong proven writing skills, experience and interest writing proposals (must have);
- Background/interest (full technical expertise not required) in either Digital Innovation in Global Agriculture, Global/DFS or Global Health Finance especially as deployed in Africa;
- Access to a global capital city or institutional funder base (please describe the specifics of your experience in your Cover Letter);
- Exceptional written and verbal English language skills, with French language skills a strong plus;
- Solid understanding of the proposal development process and demonstrated success managing proposal development efforts;
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a team in a highly dynamic environment to gather and synthesize information;
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and facilitation skills;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to lead complex processes in a non-hierarchical environment;
- Demonstrated experience and interest working in a global/multicultural organizations across multiple time zones;
- Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission.
Education and Experience:
- At least 3-5 years in writing winning technical proposals for institutional funders;
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in proposal development required,
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters preferred in international development or related field;
- Strong computer and database skills (Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce or other CRM);
- Experience implementing donor-funded programs internationally preferred.
TO APPLY: Candidates should submit:
- CV (no longer than 2 pages)
- Cover Letter describing area of background/interest, which institutional funders you have experience working with and which global capital city(ies) you have access to
- 2 examples of written work in candidate’s area(s) of interest/background
The application process may also include writing tests.