As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
In developing countries and emerging economies, it can be difficult for people to access learning content and lifelong learning courses. This applies in particular to disadvantaged groups with diverse educational backgrounds. GIZ is working on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to implement the flagship Africa Cloud digital project, which focuses on making innovative e-Learning content available to enable leaps forward in development in Africa. The aim is to ensure that innovative digital knowledge and learning courses reach a broader target group of people with diverse educational backgrounds more effectively. The project is initially being implemented in selected partner countries in Africa and will be expanded to other regions at a later stage. The project focuses on openly disseminating high-quality digital learning methods and courses and on using innovative technologies – including to support the data-driven development of these courses in line with the needs of the target groups.
- Assuming project management responsibility for the Africa Cloud global project and its four components: (1) developing learning content, (2) creating a pan-African knowledge and learning platform, (3) designing and piloting an innovative data engine, and (4) building a network to ensure that the operator model is sustainable.
- Leading a team of more than ten digital experts and interns in Bonn and the project’s pilot countries around the world.
- Closely coordinating and steering with relevant projects in the field of digital transformation in Germany and abroad.
- Providing BMZ with policy advice to support political steering and further conceptual development of digital change as a thematic area, leveraging data for development and the application of trend technologies (e.g. blockchain, artificial intelligence).
- Building a network and shaping cooperation to create a digital learning platform with the Smart Africa pan-African digital initiative and other relevant partners in development cooperation partner countries.
- Assuming responsibility for proper implementation of the administrative processes for the components in accordance with GIZ requirements as well as budget monitoring and supervision of subcontractors.
- Laying the conceptual groundwork and producing guiding frameworks to further develop the thematic area and discussing experience of project implementation with technical and financial cooperation projects.
- University-level degree with a focus on digital learning or other topics in the area of digital transformation
- Several years of relevant professional experience in the field of digital learning and/or the practical application of innovative digital technologies (e.g. big data, learning management systems, artificial intelligence)
- Experience of managing innovative development cooperation projects in a politically sensitive area
- International experience, ideally in implementing digital projects for BMZ with multicultural teams
- Experience of working with agile methods
- Experience of handling politically sensitive negotiation processes in Germany and abroad
- A team player who enjoys conceptual work and has strong analytical and communication skills as well as an ability to deliver good work outcomes independently, conscientiously, and under time pressure
- Fluent in business German, English and French
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.