Palladium seeks a highly qualified Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) manager for the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC)-funded Increasing Market Employability (IME) Phase 2 project in Macedonia. The project follows a facilitative market systems approach to support private sector development and growth in selected economic sectors in Macedonia. The main project goal is to create new jobs through sustainable private sector development, so that the un- and underemployed, particularly women and youth, are engaged in sustainable and decent employment. IME will have 3 main outcomes: 1) Private sector development - companies in selected sectors grow by improving their products and services and expanding their markets; 2) Improving the business environment - business support functions and financial services are improved, and the policy and regulatory framework are conducive to company growth in selected sectors; and 3) the private sector is sensitized about the added value of engaging more women and youth, and are equipped with the tools for identifying, attracting and retaining them. In Macedonia, IME will be focused on a systemic approach to private sector development to create new jobs, while two other SDC-funded programs will address skills development, and job matching and active labor market measures.
Purpose of Position
The Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) manager will report to the Team Leader of the project and will lead the development and management of monitoring, evaluation, and learning for the project.
Role and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the Team Leader and the core management team, the MRM Manager will be required to establish and support implementation and adaptation of project-wide MRM systems;
- Ensures overall quality and cost effectiveness, and establishes and maintains robust and adaptive monitoring and results measurement (MRM) systems.
- Coordinate MRM activities and information across IME project partners and stakeholders.
- Build capacity of project technical staff and partners in monitoring results and in capturing learning, working with them to develop and update detailed results chains for their respective interventions
- Lead regular project reviews and reporting of results, particularly quarterly, semi-annual and annual reviews.
- Support technical staff in the development and review of concept notes, scopes of work, partner intervention project plans, results chains and results measurement framework.
- Ensures effective use of resources, on-time delivery of project activity reports and partner deliverables, and overall compliance with SDC regulations and Palladium policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Relevant higher education and professional training in economics, international development, statistics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant degree.
- Experience in developing and implementing monitoring and results measurement plans for Result-Based Management in accordance with international good practice, experience implementing the DCED standard highly desirable.
- At least 4 years of previous relevant experience managing MRM systems for large private sector development and/or market systems programs.
- Experience in research and data collection, including survey design and qualitative and quantitative techniques, particularly in relation to private sector development and job creation.
- Strong understanding of the Market systems/M4P approach to private sector development, understanding of Macedonian context highly desirable.
- Good understanding of the structure of Macedonia’s economy and its supporting systems, including private sector development in Macedonia.
- Experience in the inclusion of groups at risk of social exclusion in projects, in particular youth and women.
- Strong reporting skills and financial management skills.
- Excellent communication, team work and networking skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of partners.
- Fluency in Macedonian and excellent language capacities in English required, fluency in Albanian also desirable.
Location: Macedonia - - Skopje
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.