Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm, is recruiting a full time Manager of Contracts and Operations to work in Washington, DC. This position will support the Senior Manager, Contracts and Operations in overseeing operations, contracts, project administration and financial management issues for a growing international development consulting firm. Prior USAID experience and fluent Spanish speaking skills are required.
This position will play a lead role in supporting Banyan Global’s growth in field operations. Specifically, this position will:
- Take a lead role in overseeing field operation policies and procedures. This will include:
- Reviewing existing policies and procedures and recommending revisions as necessary.
- Developing new policies, procedures and tools to support future growth in field operations. This will include developing a project start-up and close-out guide.
- Serve as a link between the Finance Department and field offices. Review current field finance policies, procedures and tools (both at the field and HQ level) and make recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Review field project management tools and make recommendations to improve efficiencies.
- Travel to the field projects for start-up, close-out and ad hoc operations visits as needed.
- Assist with managing grant programs and manuals for prime projects.
- Lead and oversee day-to-day operations for a portfolio of contracts including a prime project based in Honduras; serve as the primary liaison to clients and subcontractors on all operational issues and oversee grants program.
- Oversee contract/subcontract award negotiations and project administration in accordance with contractual terms and applicable regulations for a portfolio of project.
- Oversee project financial management for portfolio, including budget development and analysis, and support staff with pipeline development.
- Assist with the development of trainings for junior staff in field operations, USAID rules and regulations and other USG compliance.
- Responsible for coordinating field-based HR processes and procedures for Banyan Global including streamlining policies for CCN employees in various countries, leading coordination efforts with local payroll/HR firms and local legal services and insurance providers.
- Create and ensure updates of HR manuals for each Banyan Global project with long-term employees overseas.
- Liaise with the finance and administration team on all of the above.
New Business Development
- Lead cost proposals for select bids as needed and time permits.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Prior USAID experience required.
- Spanish proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing contracts, finance and/or operations for USAID contractors.
- Knowledge of USG/USAID regulations including FAR, AIDAR, CFR, and OMB Circulars.
- Excellent planning, management, and organizational skills.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with clients, donors, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators, and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Strong MS Office skills, including Excel.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English and Spanish.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).