The Manager, Proposal Development position requires an innovative thinker capable of influencing change and a can-do spirit across the organization. This candidate will be solution-oriented, results-driven, and serve as a proactive problem solver on all aspects of proposals.
The Manager is responsible for managing a staff of Capture and Proposal Managers supporting the supporting the International Development Group (IDG). This individual will report to the Sr. Director of Proposals and Pricing. Responsibilities:
- Foster creativity and encourage team-wide leadership to maximize staff potential; proactively attract, retain and develop team members.
- Make operational excellence a differentiator for RTI; evaluate, develop and implement best practices in areas including business development, proposal development, and competitive intelligence.
- Develop new strategies and approaches to an evolving business model, diversifying client base and changing federal regulations.
- Partner closely with technical, finance and contracts staff, serving as business expert on business development, capture and proposal development strategies.
- Proactively identify and understand proposal related issues and opportunities from disparate sets of information and provide clear conclusions and guidance to the team.
- Ensure efficient analysis of incoming proposals, allocation of resources, progress management and quality control on assignments, including matching proposal assignments to staff based on capabilities and other considerations.
- Develop and provide timely, consistent, and meaningful metrics to measure operational efficiency, financial performance and progress toward goals.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12 years of relevant experience in proposal development or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Related experience includes staff management and mentoring experience, experience in government contracting, proposal and project management, and risk assessment.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, including the ability to create a highly effective/efficient and successful team working atmosphere.
- Possesses superior written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
- Utilizes their experience, knowledge, and presence to generate results and influence others.
- Ability to quickly assess and prioritize competing demands, while maintaining exemplary customer service.
- Possesses the highest level of integrity and trust.
- Is curious and engages in the business with a positive, winning attitude.
- Possesses strong knowledge of business development, contracting, proposal development, capture strategies and competitive analysis, especially in the context of USAID and DFID.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.