Manager, Regional Information, Communications and Technology Systems - Central Africa Regional Office
Position Status : Regular
1. New Solution Adoption
- Provide oversight, guidance, and support for the transition of new systems and system changes to the production environment.
- Support the implementation of CRS’ organizational change strategy.
- Partner with GKIM to assess and develop strategies to address the impact of global ICT initiatives on regional activity.
- Develop plans for the deployment, training, adoption, operation, support, maintenance and enhancement of regional and country program ICT and ICT4D systems.
- Collaborate with GKIM and all stakeholders to define standards worldwide.
- 2. Supporting Anticipated Regional ICT Needs
- Work with CRS Regional and Country Program leaders to identify opportunities to improve field operations business processes through the use of ICT systems.
- Provide strategic guidance on regional system acquisitions to ensure alignment with CRS’ global strategy and objectives,
- Effectively leverage CRS’ ICT alliances and agreements.
- Work with Regional, country program staff and partners to understand the agency ICT strategy and lay the foundation for strategic priorities.
- Partner with GKIM leadership to assess and develop strategies to enhance country program ICT staff service levels.
- Develop budgets and plans to address regional needs. Provide budget guidance, review budget estimates, and recommend approval.
- Maintain the regional ICT portfolio and represent ICT value and trends.
- 3. ICT4D Adoption and Portfolio Oversight
- Oversee and lay the foundation for successful implementation of ICT4D in the region.
- Partner with program staff and GKIM to provide leadership for the alignment, integration and support of ICT4D solutions in program implementation.
- Ensure the staff, capacity and processes are in place within the region to successfully integrate and support ICT4D solutions.
- Provide information and guidance to Country Programs to enhance staff understanding of the use and benefits of ICT4D solutions in programs.
- Maintain and regularly communicate the regional ICT4D portfolio and represent ICT4D value and trends to regional, country program and GKIM leadership.
- 4. Staff Development
- Partner with Human Resources, GKIM, and Regional management to assess digital literacy of Regional and Country Program staff and define capacity building plans to address gaps.
- Develop ICT staff capacity with the skills to support CRS programs, and to leverage global ICT policies, procedures, standards and best practice.
- Develop ICT staff capacity with the skills to integrate and support ICT4D solutions.
- Partner with regional technical advisors to develop an awareness of the value and trends of ICT4D in their sectors.
- Provide leadership to ensure that Country Program staff can effectively leverage CRS available ICT resources and technology tools (such as core communication, collaboration and productivity tools)
- Support Country Program management staff in recruiting, hiring, and evaluating ICT staff.
- Lead and maintain an active Regional ICT community of practice.
- Inspire ICT staff to actively engage in the Global ICT community and encourage their contribution to and use of its resources.
- Partner with ICT community in setting global ICT objectives and localizing the goals for regional and country program context.
- Support the country program in evaluating ICT staff performance in the region.
- 5. Information Sharing and Knowledge Management
- Provide monthly service reports, business activity and risks reports, including ICT4D, to regional, country program management and global ICT leadership
- Promote communication and collaboration between GKIM, ICT teams, and the agency.
- Support adoption of agency knowledge management systems
- Engage ICT teams in writing knowledge base or technical guides for specific systems, incidents resolutions or “How To” documents.
- Promote knowledge exchange between regions through shared experiences, trainings, etc.
- 6. System Operations
- Ensure Country Programs have established and tested disaster recovery, compliance, and security strategies.
- Lead and promote CRS data privacy, information security and business continuance strategies.
- Align regional system operations, maintenance and support strategies with CRS priorities.
- Ensure that global CRS ICT standards are up-to-date, adopted, and followed across the region.
- Identify and resolve service issues.
- Seek support from the Global ICT community when necessary to maintain adequate service levels.
- Manage CRS’ relationship with local suppliers and vendors. Negotiate agreements, provide information updates and assist in problem resolution.
- Establish and support CRS ICT policy and standards.
Key Working Relationships:
External: Consortiums focused on ICT/ICT4D within the non-profit sector. NetHope and ICT leaders of other NGO’s and consortiums focused on use of ICT in the relief and development sector. CRS Partners.
Internal: Members of GKIM, leaders of CRS’ regional and country program organizations, CRS Senior Managers and Executives, and owners of CRS business systems. CP ICT staff, HoOPs, HoPs, CRs and RTAs.
- University degree in Computer Science required or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 7 or more years of progressively responsible related professional experience, including remote leadership of people.
- Experience in implementing, operating, maintaining, and supporting complex systems employing system life cycles and best practices such as those embodied in ITL and ISO 9000 standards and SEI Capability maturity models.
- Requires understanding of project management methodologies and tools with prior exposure to project management practices.
- Requires knowledge of outsourcing methodologies and operating models, and working with professional services firms.
- Requires knowledge of ICT4D concepts and tools including mobile data collection, mobile financial services, data analytics, and spatial analysis
- Strong cross-cultural skills and customer orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and leadership skills.
- Able to work at all levels in an organization.
- Knowledge of the general directions of the ICT industry (evolving products, services etc) along with a thorough understanding of the technical details.
- Excellent written and oral English AND French communication skills. Ability to express technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical manner.
- Demonstrated facilitation, training, and organizational change skills.
- Able to work independently, following the framework of well-established CRS ICT guidelines and policies.
- Regularly required to sit at a desk; work at a computer; type.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, and /or moves objects weighing less than 25 pounds.
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.
- 50% travel is required.
Understanding the Organization
- Communicate effectively with business representatives and influence senior managers.
- Operate within a matrix organization.
Focusing on Action and Outcomes
- Ability to make data –driven decisions which have significant impact on the operations and services.
- Strong inter-personal and group/team process skills, problem-solving and judgment skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong motivation skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational learning and development.
- Excellent communications skills: written, oral, presentation and listening.
Promoting Stewardship of Resources
- Model accountability and transparency in the use of CRS resources.
- Strategize to increase cost effectiveness and efficiencies in business processes.
- Ensure staff is equipped with suitable ICT tools to run an effective and competitive program.
- Strategize to resolve issues revealed through careful monitoring.
Ensuring Principled Compliance
- Model appropriate application of current ICT policies, procedures, standards, regulations and laws.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of compliance requirements by staff and managers.
- Verify systems to ensure alignment with ICT policies and regulations.
- Work with the team to oversee the application of ICT policies and regulations.
- Evaluate and align internal ICT control systems with agency standards and relevant regulations and laws.
Leading Operational Improvements
- Participate in regional/global communities of practice to share and implement best practices.
- Collaborate to alleviate bottlenecks in the country program business processes.
- Discern change necessary to improve program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Address the ICT/ICT4D training needs of the country program in collaboration with the management team.
Must be fluent in written and spoken English AND French.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
Must be authorized to work in work location country at time of application.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.