Save the Children
Location: Westport, CT
Apply online: http://www.savethechildren.org
The Manager, Research and Prospect Management is responsible for identifying prospective special, major and planned giving donors for Save the Children. The Manager will understand and track the relationship our donors have with Save the Children and their assigned officer. The Manager will support a strategy to advance a variety of agency-wide funding priorities by ensuring that Major Gifts has a diverse portfolio of donors, and prospects are well managed.
- Identify Save the Children donors and prospects with capacity and inclination for special and major gift level future and planned gifts; launch proactive projects to identify new external prospects that align with the mission of Save the Children.
- Create and execute cultivation strategies: Track internal relationships and research external biographical, philanthropic and functional information of Save the Children’s top donors to determine giving capacity.
- Donor Research: Write and edit briefings and profiles on prospects, donors, board members and event attendees for fundraisers and senior staff.
- Prospect Management: Prepare monthly reports metrics to track major gift officer progress pertaining to proposal data, donor and prospect visits and contacts and pipeline progress. Know Major Gift pipeline.
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience, preferably with prior prospect research or fundraising experience
- BA required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; database experience, demonstrated project management skills.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge 7, Blackbaud Enterprise CRM or similar software packages.
- Detail oriented, able to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and communications skills, team player
- Able to provide wealth analyses, able to conduct comprehensive research and produce in -depth prospect analyses and profiles
- Proven experience with online and printed information sources for fundraising research preferred
About the Organization
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including theUnited States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In 2010, we improved the lives of over 64 million children in need in theUnited Statesand around the world. Our goal is to reach more than 74 million children annually by the year 2012. Join our dedicated and diverse staff committed to improving the well-being of children.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more.
Save the Children provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.