Job Title/Grade: Manager/Senior Manager/Senior Manager II, Proposal Recruitment (9-11)
Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
Department: DAI Global Health
Date: August 17, 2018
Function of the Position:
DAI is seeking a Recruitment Manager for DAI’s Global Health Unit. The Recruitment Manager will be responsible for identifying and securing strong personnel candidates for Global Health’s new business efforts, with the input of a small team of dedicated recruiters and additional recruitment support as needed. The Recruitment Manager will oversee and manage two proposal recruiters and have contact with other Recruitment Managers within the company. He/she will undertake specific recruitment efforts as well as lead others in prepositioning and post-RFP recruitment efforts on bids covering a wide variety of subject matter areas.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead recruitment efforts based on DAI Global Health’s new business pipeline.
- Handle a variety of recruitment roles, to include 1) Lead individual strategic recruitment searches, develop talent networks, and identify lists of qualified candidates; 2) Handle recruitment on live proposals to include the full recruitment cycle, from identification to compliance for expatriate, regional, and local staff; and 3) Supervise and support recruiters involved in Global Health’s bids to handle their own recruitment efforts.
- Ensure smooth recruitment proposal process through coordination and collaboration with other members of proposal teams to include technical, new business and cost personnel.
- Manage/ensure compliance with DAI and USAID personnel and vetting requirements.
- Meet deadlines.
- Hire, manage, and mentor junior and mid-level recruiters, prioritize and allocate resources, and monitor quality control.
Additional responsibilities as business needs require.
- Grade 9: Minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 10: Minimum of 9 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Grade 11: Minimum of 11 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 9 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
- Recruitment experience in the international development field, preferably for USAID and/or other donor proposals and/or projects in health sector
- Proven recruitment expertise in sourcing, vetting, and selling candidates
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, both as a manager and a member
- Ability to take responsibility for assignments, prioritize, work against inflexible deadlines, and report on progress to the Chief Growth Officer
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Willingness to travel overseas 1-3 times per year to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global Security has deemed travel unsafe
Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
Supervisory Requirements: 1-3 staff
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. EOE - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
About the Organization
DAI is an employee-owned global development company. For 40 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governments, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 60 countries. Our integrated development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines—crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS and disease control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.