About the Justice Sector Support Programme
The HMG financed Justice Sector Support Programme is working to improve the rule of law in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and Punjab provinces. JSSP aims to improve trustworthiness of the rule of law system. Following a redesign at the beginning of 2018, the programme now envisages four outputs: (i) improved cross-institutional standards governing the arrest, investigation, prosecution and trial processes of serious sexual crime, homicide financial crime and minor offence cases; (ii) results-based monitoring, resource allocation and compliance mechanisms are strengthened to drive improved internal functioning and cross-institutional standards; (iii) rights of victims, vulnerable witnesses, defendants and pre-trial detainees increasingly protected by justice institutions across the justice chain; and (iv) inclusive, gender and age-sensitive public engagement and external accountability mechanisms strengthened across the justice chain, driven by evidence and improved communications.
The programme will transition from its extended inception phase into the implementation phase on 27th June 2018. The team have developed an ambitious workplan that cuts across multiple institutions in the justice sector across both provinces.
About the role
Project Managers perform a key role in Adam Smith International’s consulting model and play a central part in managing project implementation, risk and financial reporting. The JSSP Punjab project manager (PM) is the full-time assistant lead from ASI for the programme responsible for the programme’s work in Punjab. She/he will report to the Senior Project Manager (Lahore), and work closely with the Senior Programme Manager in Islamabad, Country and Technical Directors. Whilst being Lahore based, the PM is expected to travel to Islamabad regularly and to work with the wider ASI Pakistan team.
You will be expected to:
- Gather and develop monthly, quarterly and annual reports for DFID, ensuring they reflect client priorities, and accurately and comprehensively present programme results. Oversee the development of monthly reports to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Manage the JSSP budget in Lahore so that the programme achieves ASI’s commercial criteria, delivers Value for Money for DFID, and meets both ASI and DFID requirements for accurate invoicing and financial forecasting and reporting.
- Ensure that JSSP’s M&E and VfM frameworks (indicators, sources, reporting) are as precise, streamlined and timely as possible so that the programme remains focused on results, identifies underperforming activities early, and can use reliable evidence to reallocate resources to more impactful activities.
- Work with the technical team to track and review JSSP Punjab results in order to ensure deadlines are met and issues are flagged to senior management in a timely manner.
- Support the management of the relationship with JSSP clients within DFID, particularly with programmatic staff, ensuring DFID has full confidence in the ability of ASI and the JSSP team to achieve the programme’s objectives, report accurately on results and ensure financial integrity, manage risk effectively, and deliver value for money.
- Support the JSSP Punjab team in developing and updating key programme documents such as annual workplans and the programme logframe.
- Update and implement business processes and management mechanisms in coordination with the Senior Programme Manager to ensure that the programme team is working as efficiently as possible, with clear role descriptions and a shared set of values.
- Ensure that all aspects of the programme’s Business Process Manual are understood and followed, with particular attention to the programme procurement processes.
- Lead recruitment processes for JSSP Punjab resources to ensure the programme team is optimally structured and staffed with high quality advisers on time to deliver results at pace.
- Monitor relations between advisers and their counterparts to ensure that those counterparts remain engaged with, and fully supportive of the programme and its objectives.
- Ensure that the programme’s identification, analysis and management of risks is proactive, comprehensive and controlled. The PM must actively manage risks; developing mitigation strategies with the programme team and ensure that these mitigation strategies are communicated to stakeholders and implemented.
- Ensure that JSSP advisers understand ASI’s Duty of Care policies and procedures, and comply with them by liaising with ASI Pakistan’s Security and Operations staff.
- The Project Manager will deliver on these responsibilities by working collaboratively with the programme’s leadership team including the Provincial Team Leader and workstream leads in Punjab.
You will also be expected to be capable of the following:
- Providing donor client satisfaction (in the context of JSSP work in Punjab and the overall project’s financial management)
- Achieving financial performance in Punjab in line with project budgets
- Deliver timely, accurate financial reporting
- Maintain a stable and competent project team
- Effective management of ASI operations in Punjab
An Adam Smith International Project Manager should have the ability to build effective relationships with clients from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments. They should be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change in their work. Adam Smith International seeks the following skills and experiences:
- Desirable – Masters in a relevant subject
- Good undergraduate degree in a relevant subject
- Ability to write clear, concise, comprehensive and persuasive proposals.
- Budget, finance and forecasting skills.
- Ability to build effective, credible client relationships and networks.
- Relevant project management experience is essential
- Work experience in Pakistan would be an advantage
- Relevant language skills (urdu and Punjabi) would be an advantage
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our principles:
- Take responsibility (Accountability). We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
- Promote Quality (Excellence). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement).We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results
We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
Heard Enough? Ready to Apply?
We would love to hear from you. Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter to http://www.adamsmithinternational.com/join-us/permanent-positions/Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for applications will be midnight August 2nd 2018
Shortlisted applicants only will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is an award-winning global company that delivers impact, value and lasting change through economic growth and government reform. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments. Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional offices are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.