The Australian Volunteers Program sends skilled Australian volunteers on assignments in 26 countries to work alongside organisations to sustainably build the capacity of people, organisations and communities.
An exciting opportunity exists to join the Australian Volunteers Program as the Manager of Volunteer Services.
As part of the program leadership team based at our Melbourne office, this full-time role will oversee and manage the already established Volunteer Services team, ensuring international volunteer recruitment, selection, learning & development and mobilization for the Australian Volunteers Program is delivered in line with best practice and DFAT contract obligations.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience (e.g. Business or Human Resources)
- In-depth knowledge of the issues and challenges relating to international volunteering and cross-cultural contexts
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of professionals to achieve quality outcomes
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the design and management of recruitment strategies and processes, preferably in an in-house commercial context
- Substantial experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of innovative and contemporary adult education and learning programs both online and face-to-face
- Strong understanding of diversity and inclusion principles and their application within an international development context
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic and operational analysis, planning and decision-making
- Demonstrates professional conduct and cultural sensitivity by communicating effectively, working collaboratively and building effective relationships
- Demonstrates a high level of flexibility and responsiveness, particularly regarding client/candidate relationship management and customer service
For a full outline of the position and applicant requirements please copy and paste this link: https://bit.ly/2M3rkwX to see the Position Description on the AVI website www.avi.org.au.
Please submit a cover letter and current resume to Stella Vovos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 11:59 PM AEST 5 August 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us by 10 August 2019 please consider your application unsuccessful.
AVI is committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for this position.
AVI has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for personnel who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check and referee checks.
About the Organization
Cardno is a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Cardno ID (International Development) manages a number of donor-funded programs in the Asia Pacific region. We engage in international development as a holistic, multidisciplinary and integrated process. Strengthened by our geographic and market diversity, we are committed to providing innovative and integrated solutions that create opportunities for significant, lasting change in emerging economies. Partnering with multilateral and bilateral donors, private clients, governments and communities to develop sustainable solutions to complex challenges, we work with local counterparts to achieve meaningful impact.