Job Title: Manager - Western Balkans
Contract Length: 12 months fixed term contract (with potential for renewal)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £50,000-£70,000 depending on experience
About the role:
Moonshot CVE currently delivers extensive programming in the Western Balkans. These projects include both digital campaigns and intervention projects aiming to reach individuals at-risk of violent extremism. The Manager role is a new position, created both for the purposes of project management of Western Balkans projects, and input into the project delivery and strategic development of our wider Western Balkans work.
This role will involve a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Team leadership and project management of new projects, including ensuring delivery within agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Managing key relationships with clients, partner organisations and other stakeholders.
- Identification and management of critical project risks.
- Leadership of a small - medium sized project team.
- Sharing and developing regional subject matter expertise across the organisation.
- Developing new methodologies to track and challenge violent extremism.
- Supporting our business development through identifying and applying for funding opportunities, building relationships with clients and partner organisations, in particular in relation to future work in the Western Balkans.
- International travel to project delivery locations (the majority of work will be conducted from the London based office).
Expected of all Managers at this level:
- Experience of leading project delivery, managing project teams and client management, particularly those based in the Balkans.
- A deep interest in violent extremism and evidence of relevant professional experience whether from CVE or other fields.
- Demonstrated experience of outreach and building stakeholder relationships.
- A strong ability to source, interpret and analyse both quantitative and qualitative data, particularly social media or digital marketing data.
- A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, taking action and getting things done, both in managing your own workload and that of others.
- Inquisitiveness and adaptability, particularly in relation to new technology and the use of social media for research.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
In addition, we require, and will check on candidates eligibility to work in the UK.
- Fluency in languages of the Western Balkans, in particular Macedonian, Albanian, BCS Languages.
- Experience providing capacity building to local partners and CSOs through multiple methods, including formal training and mentoring.
- Specialist knowledge of specific forms of violent extremism.
To apply for this role please email a CV and cover letter to Stevie Voogt, at email@example.com. Your cover letter should not exceed two pages and must answer the following questions: 1) Why do you want to work for Moonshot CVE? 2) How do you meet the requirements of this role?
Deadline for applications is 5pm (GMT) 24th August, 2018. Applications submitted early will be considered before the deadline, so early application is strongly encouraged. Select candidates may be invited to an interview and/or assessment day at our London office.
About the Organization
About Moonshot CVE:
Moonshot CVE is a fast growing startup which specialises in countering violent extremism (CVE) across the globe. We use data-proven techniques to ensure our clients respond to violent extremism effectively. Our work ranges from targeted intervention programmes, software development and digital capacity building, to leading global counter-messaging campaigns. We currently operate in over 25 countries, and across different forms of violent extremism.
We do this through:
- Finding new ways to reach individuals at risk of involvement in violent extremism.
- Working across different types of violent extremist ideologies.
- Collaborating with partners, and working for clients including governments, NGOs and private sector organisations from across the globe.
- Building a multifaceted team with backgrounds in a diverse range of professional and academic backgrounds, including development professionals, policing, communications, psychology, data science and software engineering.
- Investing in research and development of new technologies and methodologies to counter extremism.
Working at Moonshot CVE:
We are growing quickly, have big ambitions, and high expectations of our staff. Our dedication to finding effective responses to violent extremism, and leading innovation in the field, means that our work environment is fast-paced, dynamic and creative. We match this by offering our staff access to training and skill development, scope to advance personal subject matter expertise and opportunities for career progression.
Staff at Moonshot CVE say they value:
- Our shared sense of purpose: working as a team to find new solutions to global challenges.
- Personal development opportunities: a chance to learn new things and get even better at what you already do.
- Our ideas driven culture: opportunities to work with creativity and autonomy whatever your position in our organisation.
- The diversity of thought: working with staff from a wide range of personal and professional backgrounds.
- Open and collaborative working: being part of a team who support each other to achieve great results.
- Individually-tailored training and skills development package.
- 30 days paid leave per annum.
- Private healthcare package, including coverage for partners and children.
- Generous maternity and paternity package.