Vacancy type Permanent position
Location London and overseas, including fragile and conflict affected countries
Service areas(s) Public Sector Governance
Salary Competitive package and excellent benefits
About the Government Reform Practice
Our Government Reform Practice comprises three teams which cover the following thematic areas:
- Public financial management
- Revenue reform
- Public Administration Reform
- Sub-national governance
- Centre of government reform
- Accountability and transparency
- Rule of Law and Security Sector Reform
- Stabilisation and Peacebuilding
- Countering Violent Extremism and Terrorism
About the roles
We are seeking Managers and Senior Managers to lead and manage projects in our overseas offices and also to be based in London.
Senior Managers and Managers are expected to lead and manage international projects and /or support business development opportunities.
The post-holder will be expected to perform some of the following duties:
- Managing on-going project(s). This will include being based in our overseas offices or regular field visits;
- Helping plan for the delivery of major new projects;
- Building, tracking and maintaining pipeline of upcoming projects;
- Supporting the development of technical and financial proposals;
- Expanding portfolio of consultants and building alliances to deliver existing and future work;
- Supporting other geographical and technical teams on ad hoc basis.
You will bring some knowledge and expertise in one of more areas of the thematic areas identified above and a proven track record in building effective relationships with stakeholders from a wide range of professional and cultural backgrounds, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments. You will relish working in a team and will be innovative, energetic, positive, and genuinely committed to achieving lasting change in your work.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A post-graduate degree;
- A minimum of a few years of experience in one or more thematic area;
- Experience of working in a developing country an advantage;
- Enthusiasm and flexibility along with a willingness to travel at short notice and work in developing countries for a significant time or to be based overseas;
- Demonstrable experience working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Outstanding English written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team-work;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
What We Offer You
We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our values.
We’ve built a culture to reflect our values, full of likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what they do. We have a headquarters overlooking the Thames in a central London location.
Ready to Apply?
Please submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short cover letter to http://www.adamsmithinternational.com/join-us/permanent-positions/ with a subject line of “Project Managers, Government Reform Practice”. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Deadline for Applications will be Monday 17th of September
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting governance and economic growth internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved over the last 25 years. We operate in some of the world’s most dynamic and challenging places from Somalia to Syria and also in more advanced developing economies, including Uganda, Ghana and Asia-Pacific.