MSP is looking for a Managing Consultant to join its Human Development Practice in London.
The role will include the following:
- Develop and maintain a targeted pipeline of opportunities;
- Develop and implement strategies to pre-position MSP for specific opportunities;
- Develop and maintain external working relationships with strategic partners and key consultants for bid teams;
- Manage proposal-writing teams, coordinating team inputs and workloads to produce high quality results within designated time frames;
- Provide technical support and advice in proposal components including approach, methodology, risk management, work plans, financials, theory of change and annexes;
- Directly write key sections of proposals, EoIs and SQs as required;
- Support with project implementation, if required;
- Represent MSP at client and partner meetings.
The Human Development Practice primarily focuses on human rights, gender, governance, resilience, access to justice and education and skills development.
What the candidate will bring:
- A track record of securing large contracts, preferably direct experience with DFID;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with a range of clients, and to work effectively in politically sensitive and challenging environments;
- Experience working in developing countries would be desirable;
- A post graduate degree in a relevant field would be desirable;
- A willingness to travel;
- Enthusiasm for new and challenging problems;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Good leadership skills and ability to develop a team within a busy environment.
How to Apply
Should you have the necessary skills and experience, please submit your CV and covering letter to HD@maxwellstamp.com quoting the Job Title.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Candidates must also demonstrate they have the right to work in the UK.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd June.
About the Organization
Maxwell Stamp PLC (MSP) is a development consultancy firm that provides technical expertise and managerial oversight for the implementation of donor-funded development projects in both developing and transitional economies across the globe.
The central goal in all MSPs work in developing countries, is the promotion of broad based and pro-poor economic growth. Primarily our work is financed by the leading international development agencies including the World Bank, the UK Department for International Development and the European Commission.
MSP was established in 1959, since then the company has expanded into a global group and boasts experience in over 170 countries as well as offices in Dhaka, Nairobi, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh with project offices around the world.
MSP employs over 40 in-house staff, most of whom are technical consultants spread across the organisations four practice areas, which are:
- Public Sector Management (PSM)
- Human Development (HD)
- Livelihoods and Poverty Reduction (LPR)
- Economics and Finance (E&F)
- Infrastructure (in Abu Dhabi)
In addition to our technical practice areas, we also have a dedicated Project Management Unit (PMU), Project Support Unit (PSU), and Finance & Accounting Unit.