Historically, Resonance has done relatively little work in the global health field with only a few small projects, primarily in the HIV/AIDS area. As the company grows, we are actively considering entering the global health space. Given the vast size and breadth of global health, it is critical that Resonance find market entry points that align with our existing core competencies in partnerships, supply chain sustainability, innovative finance and ICT4D.
Using existing internal resources, Resonance is currently mapping the government donor landscape with a focus on USAID and PEPFAR programs. By contrast, the purpose of this consultancy is to help Resonance better understand the private sector landscape in partnerships and private-public collaborations in the field of global health. We want to increase our knowledge and understanding of what areas within global health are being focused on by leading health care, pharmaceutical, health financing and technology companies are focusing on within global health. Our goal is to better understand where Resonance might have a strong business opportunity as well as a transformative impact.
Through desk research and key informant interviews, the consultant will address the following five tasks:
- Market Trends and Segmentation. The consultant will conduct an analysis of key market trends in the global health space in segments such as supply chain sustainability, new market development, m-health, health-related behavior change, cross-sector partnerships, health systems strengthening, and private insurance/innovative financing. Which segments show the greatest potential for future growth? What barriers or risks are facing the segments?
- Industry Landscape. Within promising global health segments, what are the top 5-10 leading multinational companies within each segment. What programs, initiatives, investments are those companies concentrating on within those segments? Where do these business units sit within their parent companies?
- Competitive Landscape. What other consulting firms (US or international) or NGOs are supporting leading companies in these segments on similar issues to those defined above? Which firms or NGOs are seen as leaders by corporate clients? What services are these firms offering in the marketplace?
- Events, Convenings, Publications. What are the key industry-focused (as opposed to donor-focused) industry convenings, events and publications? What industry associations (if any) do corporate sustainability officers look to for inspiration in this arena?
- Findings and Recommendations. Based on the above research and analysis, please provide findings and recommendations regarding high-potential points of entry into the global health market.
- Draft Presentation. The consultant will prepare a draft report in PowerPoint format for delivery either in person or over video conference for Resonance to provide comment, feedback and request clarifications/edits/changes.
- Final Presentation. Upon approval of the revised report, the consultant will deliver the presentation to Resonance (in-person or video conference). The consultant will provide a copy of the PowerPoint in both ppt and pdf formats.
- Bibliography and List of Contacts. The Consultant will prepare a list of sources cited as well as a list (including current contact information) of key informants interviewed.
Line of Reporting:
The Consultant will report to the Chief Innovation Officer, Steve Schmida.
Scheduled and Approved Level of Effort:
10 days of LOE
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Short Term Consultant; Market Research” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all.
Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results.
We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.