CNFA is currently seeking a Market Systems, Agribusiness, and Finance Consultant to support both new business development activities and active projects. The consultancy will be based in Washington, DC, but will include international travel. Some work from a remote home base may also be acceptable. The Consultant will serve as a technical lead or advisor for proposal development or program implementation for agribusiness development and the facilitation of finance and investment in line with CNFA agricultural development objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Consultant will work closely with the assigned CNFA Proposal or Program teams to produce inputs. All deliverables will be completed by the Consultant in compliance with relevant donor standards and CNFA’s processes, including maintaining CNFA formatting rules and timelines.
The Market Systems, Agribusiness, and Finance Consultant will be responsible for:
- Conducting research to develop context and priorities in target technical or geographic areas for proposal development and/or program activities
- Leading or participating in international trips for proposal capture or program activities as required
- Identifying and setting up meetings with private sector firms, consultants, government, local organizations, and other key stakeholders to gather information and realize opportunities for collaboration
- Working with proposal and/or program teams to contribute to project design or provide inputs for proposal development or project implementation processes
- Identifying and recommending relevant qualified personnel
- Conducting brief assessments or analysis in target technical areas as required and assigned by the programs team
- Providing written inputs and consolidated trip/meeting notes as required
- Other assignments to be determined as mutually agreed
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience in agribusiness and/or finance and investment facilitation in a development context;
- Proven track record of successful technical design, analysis, and solutions facilitation for development projects with access to finance, investment, agribusiness, or market systems components;
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, agriculture/agribusiness, finance, economics, or related field is required; Master’s a plus;
- Experience working on USAID or other donor-funded proposals and projects of complex scope and large size preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working in a developing country context;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is required.
- International travel is required as part of this consultancy.
About the Organization
CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 43 countries. www.cnfa.org