Job DescriptionProject Summary:
USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project is accelerating sustainable economic growth in the agriculture sector. At the end of the project, USAID anticipates more than 5,500 households will be earning higher incomes, increasing household savings and eating more nutritious foods. USAID has adopted lessons learned from previous projects working with farmers, buyers, and communities. The long-term sustainability will be ensured by strengthening the links between the private sector and local partners that deliver services to rural farmers. Position Description:
The MSD Manager is responsible for a range of tasks including supporting the COP and DCOP with ongoing management of project activities with an eye towards adaptive management; conducting evaluation of project activities to determine impact; data management (collection, recording, analysis and reporting); supporting the Collaboration, Learning and Adapting framework; and overseeing all significant data and information related to USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura project.
More specifically, this position will:
- For the monitoring and evaluation/adaptive management system:
- Ensure the maintenance of well-organized and up-to-date databases for all indicators. Work closely with field staff and Home Office staff to ensure that tracking information on the activities for which they are responsible is up to date for periodic and real time reporting to USAID.
- Manage the collection of all quantitative and qualitative data required for tracking the PMIs and all other measures useful in reporting Project progress.
- Review and analysis of the Technology adoption data collection.
- Help with reparations of the process related to the implementation for the Annual household survey.
- Produce tracking data reports for required Avansa Agrikultura Quarterly, Annual, and Final Reports.
- Produce ad hoc tracking and special data reports as requested by USAID.
- Using CLA, facilitate regular discussions between the COP, DCOP and technical teams to ensure that activities are using a market systems development and facilitation approach achieving their expected results. Hold discussions on whether certain activities and stakeholders are performing as planned. Provide strategic counsel to project leadership to adjust project activities to address unanticipated reactions.
- Support grants and subcontracts activities of the project with a particular focus on helping to ensure that grants and subcontracts are designed to address specific market gaps.
- Provide assistance to other project activities as needed.
- An advanced university degree in agricultural economics, business, or related studies with specialized study in market systems development or relevant field. Eight to ten years of professional experience in project management including project indicators and grants management.
- At least five years of experience in economic development/ competitiveness program design and implementation involving projects/ programs of similar size and complexity using a market systems facilitation approach.
- Five years of expert-level experience in analyzing agricultural market systems (identifying opportunities and challenges) and designing and implementing strategies/ interventions that apply globally recognized approaches and tools, including partnering with the private sector, to facilitate inclusive and sustainable market systems improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining effective working relationships that foster collaborative learning.
- Expertise in information management software.
- Experience in team working environments with ability to motivate needed action of staff associates.
- Knowledge of USAID strategic goals for Timor and their operating methodologies.
- Strong conceptual and communications skills in verbal presentations and writing in English.
About the Organization
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.