Market Systems Development Specialist
- PHAMA Plus Program
- Short term position - up to 120 days (1 November 2019 to 30 June 2022)
- Home based with travel to PHAMA Plus countries as required
DT Global is the managing contractor of the Pacific Horticultural and Agricultural Market Access Plus Program (PHAMA Plus) – an Australia and New Zealand Government funded aid program promoting agricultural and horticultural exports from six Pacific Island countries (Fiji, PNG, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu). For details on the program please visit www.phama.com.au.
We are currently seeking a Market Systems Development (MSD) Specialist to join our PHAMA Plus team. The MSD Specialist will provide strategic MSD expertise for PHAMA Plus activity delivery in accordance with MSD principles to ensure it achieves its goal, purpose and end of program outcomes. S/he will support and mentor country teams and stakeholders in translating Market Systems Theory into Pacific practice and as appropriate will develop operational tools, training materials and guidelines for use by the program.
The MSD Specialist will work collaboratively with the rest of the PHAMA Plus team to ensure a cohesive hybrid approach to MSD and market access for this export focused program.
Essential knowledge, experience and competencies
- Post Graduate Degree in International Development or similar.
- Strong business orientation and extensive PSD and MSD experience.
- Solid experience implementing or managing export MSD programs and/or complex donor programs.
- Demonstrated success in partnership design and brokering, capacity building and mentoring.
- Proven success in stimulating entrepreneurial mind-sets.
- Highly competent in the use of Information and Communications Technologies including: Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint); Communications programs (Skype, conference call applications and search engines); File storage/maintenance and information exchange (cloud storage systems similar to Dropbox).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Applications are encouraged immediately and will close 3 November 2019 at 11:59 pm Australian Central Standard Time.
Your application will need to include:
- A cover letter and CV
- For further information and to apply, please visit our website at:
https://dt-global.com/company/careers/australia (job code 979)
- For details of program activities and reports, please visit the program website at phama.com.au
DT Global is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. We encourage women and men and people living with disability to apply.
Managed by DT Global and funded by the Australian & New Zealand Governments.
About the Organization
DT Global aim’s to be a leader in international development. Building on over 50 years of combined experience and with support and guidance from GPD Charitable Trust, DT Global will offer a broad array of technical capabilities and creative, adaptive approaches to delivering high-quality interventions. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain, and Australia, DT Global’s portfolio of development projects – from water infrastructure to economic growth to conflict and transition programming – spans more than 90 countries. We have dedicated project offices in 31 countries and talented technical experts in every region of the world. We draw on a rich history of supporting leading international donor agencies, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NZ MFAT, DFID, and government and private sector clients globally.