Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is currently seeking a talented individual for the role of a The Market Systems & Entrepreneurship Manager. He/she will lead the Philippines efforts to facilitate improved market systems in the low-income housing market. This will be carried out using market development principles, including advancing housing value-chain related activities by partnering with market actors and assisting them in making housing markets work more efficiently and inclusively, focusing on normative behaviors as well as policy and improving the enabling environment of low income housing. This position is based in Cebu City, Philippines.
- Lead the design and management of a portfolio housing market systems projects in the Philippines.
- Seek out and pursue new business opportunities to intervene in various components of the housing market system.
- Prepare project proposals, including establishing project teams and partnerships.
- Facilitate market-based solutions for affordable housing by working with market actors and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a network of consultants and subject matter experts in housing and private sector development.
- Build partnerships with like-minded organizations with complementary skills and interests.
- Oversee the budget and reporting for housing market systems projects.
- Identify opportunities to present Habitat for Humanity’s market systems work at conferences and industry events.
- Engage and collaborate with Habitat for Humanity’s global market systems practitioners and mentors through webinars, peer-to-peer networking events, learning forums, e-discussions and delivery of case studies.
- Support another Ron Terwilliger Fellow and participate in regional team activities.
Identify the opportunities, challenges and gaps within the affordable housing sector by conducting housing typology studies, customer research and housing value chain studies of the following:
- Private sector housing actors.
- Supporting services to the housing market.
- Public sector organizations, including the regulatory and policy framework that affects the affordable housing market.
- University degree in economics, business administration, international development or a related field. Master degree or doctorate is a plus.
- At least 7 years professional experience in market systems development (including value chain approaches) or in the affordable housing sector in the Philippines.
- Demonstrated private sector experience and knowledge of the role of private sector actors, the functioning of markets and the opportunities for inclusive economic growth in the Philippines.
- Experience working on making markets work for the poor approach (M4P).
- Knowledge of affordable housing and the challenges inherent to the Philippines. Professional experience of working in the housing sector is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing frameworks to monitor and measure results for market systems programs such as the DCED standard.
- Quality and results oriented. Demonstrated attention to detail, highly organized and able to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Entrepreneurial. Works well in dynamic environments with limited resources.
- Persuasive. Demonstrates ability to influence others by understanding and relating to their needs and interests.
- Agile. Prioritizes tasks and redirects work effort in response to new opportunities and changes in priorities.
- Strategic thinker. Analyzes situations, considers options, and develops strategic alternatives.
- Collaborative. Works well in teams, especially in diverse and multi-cultural contexts.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, such as a proven ability to deal with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills – in particular the ability to write clearly, succinctly and engagingly about technical subjects.
About the Organization
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manila, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
HFHI is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.