TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The Marketing and Communications team is based in Washington, DC, and is responsible for protecting and advancing TechnoServe’s brand, informing and engaging key audiences, and supporting staff across the organization to promote TechnoServe’s work. The team works closely with the Private Fundraising team, which focuses on securing unrestricted funds from individuals and foundations.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for producing content for print and online channels; providing editorial and design support; and developing communications resources and training to build staff capacity.
The qualified candidate will be able to effectively engage with staff members at all levels of the organization; have excellent written and oral communications skills; and be able to set priorities, manage time well and work independently.
- Drafts and updates content for blog, website, fact sheets, and other materials
- Edits materials for grammar, style, and consistency with TechnoServe messaging and branding
- Provides design and creative services support, including data visualization
- Manages production of monthly staff newsletter and advises leadership on internal communications
- Supports knowledge sharing by maintaining organization’s intranet and advising on integrated knowledge management systems
- Maintains and develops organization’s digital asset management system
- Develops and delivers training and resources to build staff capacity in communications
- Supports the Manager of Brand and Corporate Communications in developing and executing an integrated content strategy
- Tracks key metrics for corporate communications
- Performs other duties as assigned
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, international relations or other relevant field
- One to three years of prior work experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong copy-editing skills and knowledge of AP Stylebook
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, with strong time management skills
- Interest in international development
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator strongly preferred
- Experience with CMS, such as ExpressionEngine, preferred
- Video production and/or photography experience preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish or French preferred
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.