Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: an ambitious marketing professional who can communicate effectively across audiences and channels, thrives on attention to detail and wants to make a difference in the world.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
You will have an opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues, and be part of an innovative culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.
Why this position is great for you:
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Understands storytelling for B2B and B2C audiences
- Enjoys managing projects and staying on top of the details
- Is a strong written and verbal communicator
- Knows how to collaborate across teams
- Is interested in global affairs and international development
- Is ready to shine as part of a young and exciting social enterprise
We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, Gates Foundation and more rely on us to be in-the-know.
We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture; no bureaucracy here: you’ll get to own your work and will get the support you need.
Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of a Devex Marketing Associate are…
- Designing and executing integrated marketing campaigns: writing copy, building audience lists, creating landing pages, coordinating on and off site promotion, testing messages, leveraging social platforms and reporting on key campaign metrics.
- Understanding, maintaining and enhancing our marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Working with graphic designers, writers and web developers to produce and promote Devex content for our community
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote Devex membership, by leveraging both new and existing content and technology.
- Helping to create and promote online events, videos and other interactive content.
- Identifying emerging trends and products in digital marketing and e-commerce, and, where appropriate, testing their relevance for marketing campaigns.
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of Devex marketing.
- Spanish work authorization
- 2-3 years of experience in digital or content marketing
- Relevant undergraduate degree
- Excellent technical and creative English writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with lead generation and marketing automation tools (Marketo preferred)
- A strong eye for design
- Basic understanding of HTML
Besides the basic requirements, here’s what we’d love to see…
- Experience with social media marketing
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop
- Proficiency in HTML & CSS
- Understanding of Google AdWords & Analytics software
- Interest in campaign data analysis
- Prior experience with Marketo or similar marketing automation tools
- You haven’t just heard of the World Bank and the Gates Foundation; you actually know what they do and how they work
Get the conversation started by submitting an application now!
Interested applicants may submit their CV and cover letter. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.