Chemonics seeks a materials development specialist for the upcoming USAID-funded education activity in Bangladesh. The anticipated Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is a five-year, $50-$99 million USAID-funded program. The primary purpose of the activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Bangladeshi government and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program, schools, and teachers to improve early grade reading outcomes. This position, a mid-level technical role, is contingent upon donor approval and funding. The materials development specialist will report to the senior education advisor. CVs will be reviewed and considered for multiple positions. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop, assess, and evaluate instructional materials, new reading curricula, textbooks, teacher resource books, audio lessons, and training materials to be used in project schools
- Organize the creation or revision of standardized packages of curricular materials and tools for teaching and learning both Bengali and English
- Develop and formalize a robust quality assurance review process of all existing and new teacher training programs
- Manage relationships with publishers to ensure changes and learning resources are reflected in materials
- Advanced degree in curriculum development, education, organizational development, or business required
- Minimum of three years of experience of demonstrated proficiency in designing and evaluating instructional and reading materials, textbooks, teacher resources, and training materials
- Proven analytical skills to examine textbooks and student data and make recommendations for materials improvement and teaching
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with an electronic copy of your CV and cover letter attached and “Materials Development Specialist” in the subject line to BangladeshRLArecruit@chemonics.com by June 16, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.