SHELADIA is seeking a Materials/Pavement Engineer with the below experience in Afghanistan.
The Material Engineers shall have a degree in civil engineering, preferably with 12 years’ experience or more in major road construction works with a focus on pavement engineering and materials testing. Relevant experience should include:
- supervising the Contractor’s compliance with material specifications and testing;
- providing input to the design team to source suitable materials;
- engineering design of flexible Asphaltic Concrete (AC) pavements,
- coordinating and supervising the work of field teams in supervising and certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions including acceptance standards of materials, approval of source supply, establishing QA/QC procedures, setting up laboratories, mix designs and testing procedures;
- fluency in English; and
- regional experience in Central Asia.
Detailed tasks include:
- (i) Coordination of construction supervision of all Project pavements, including the management of the Materials/Pavement engineering team in coordination with the Team Leader and the Senior Resident Engineer.
- (ii) Review and approve the Contractor’s proposed geotechnical investigations for pavements and pavement materials.
- (iii) Liaise with the Bridge/Geotechnical Engineer on the geotechnical requirements for bridge design.
- (iv) Review and advice on all geotechnical matters during construction.
- (v) Review and approve the construction schedule for all pavement works.
- (vi) Lead the review and approval of the Contractor’s proposed quality assurance and quality control systems and procedures for all materials and works, including proposed sampling and testing procedures, laboratory establishment and procedures and reporting of results.
- (vii) Review and approve quality control test results and certificates for all pavement materials and works.
- (viii) Establish the schedule, methods and procedures for the construction supervision of all pavement works.
How to Apply: Applications should include a CV and cover letter.
This position is open until filled. Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
About the Organization
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects throughout the world. SHELADIA believes that practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all the entities involved, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions, and operational systems, to optimize the use of available resources.