IntraHealth seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Maternal Health Advisor for an upcoming USAID-funded global project that will support fragile states. The project will provide targeted technical and capacity development assistance to USAID Missions, local organizations, and host country institutions to improve equitable delivery of evidence-based, quality MNCH/FP/RH services in fragile settings and contribute to global learning on strengthening MNCH/FP/RH service-delivery and resilience in fragile settings. This position will provide technical leadership and assistance for the provision of quality MH clinical and preventive health services to meet the needs of populations in fragile settings and support the implementation of evidence-based, high-impact services.
The Maternal Health Advisor will report to the Senior Technical Advisor MNCH/FP/RH. Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide global technical oversight and strategic direction for the maternal health components of the project
- Contribute to developing scopes of work for each country buy-in that request assistance with MNH clinical and preventive services
- Provide quality MH technical assistance and ensure that training materials, standards, job aids, and curricula, supervisory systems reflect MH international standards and best practices and meet the needs of country programs
- Coordinate and supervise MH consultants/STTA, as needed
- Track MH progress and results for each country buy-in and share with the project technical and management teams
- Contribute to the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of MH services and activities along the humanitarian development continuum to build MNCH/FP/RH resilience
- Actively participate in relevant MH global technical advisory/working groups and professional forums representing the project
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in MH implementation and contribute to routine quarterly and annual reports
- Author/co-author abstracts, presentations, and articles for journals and conferences
Education and experience
- Has a clinical degree, OBGYN preferred, with at least ten (10) years of experience in international health programming, including at least eight (8) years of experience in a technical advisor position supporting MH clinical and preventive service delivery, at facility and community level, and public or private sectors
- Has lived and worked in low-and middle-income countries for at least 5 years, with 2 years being in a fragile setting
- Demonstrated experience in effectively engaging health-focused host country counterparts in both development and humanitarian settings, training and supporting service providers and supervisors in public and private sector health services;
- Demonstrated international credibility as a clinical MH expert in service delivery, training, supervision and quality improvement systems;
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills. Fluency in French or Spanish is preferred but not required.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed
- Travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time
- This position will be seconded to the prime’s office in Washington D.C.
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1