Chemonics seeks a maternal and newborn health (MNH) advisor for an anticipated five year USAID MNH project in Indonesia. This flagship project aims to improve essential MNH services, particularly for the poorest and most vulnerable, through a total market approach that leverages resources and catalyzes stakeholders across all sectors. The ideal candidate will have experience working on international donor-funded health programs, preferably with a focus on maternal and neonatal health. The MNH advisor will provide MNH expertise and advise the chief of party and technical team across all aspects of the project, including designing interventions, assessing technical assistance needs and identifying experts, providing technical assistance throughout the innovation fund process, securing partnerships to engage and link up key MNH actors (from the public and private sectors), and help establishing and tracking MNH-related indicators. The advisor will report to the chief of party. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overarching programmatic guidance to chief of party and technical staff on MNH issues and serve as an expert resource to staff, partners, and stakeholders
- Actively participate in the innovation fund process and provide strategic and technical support to refine approaches to improve MNH
- Draft reports capturing lessons learned and best practices in MNH and support the development and dissemination of programmatic information with key stakeholders
- Provide capacity building support to local partners working in MNH in Indonesia
- Medical doctor, midwife, or other professional with a minimum of two years of recent clinical MNH experience
- Experience providing technical assistance in the MNH sector
- Experience working with diverse teams and varied stakeholder groups in a complex environment
- Demonstrated skill in conducting critical analysis and evaluation of technical and programmatic aspects of MNH projects
- Excellent understanding of current issues in MNH in Indonesia
- Strong interpersonal, cultural, and communications skills
- Experience working on USAID programs preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- English fluency required; Bahasa Indonesia language skills preferred
Submit electronic submissions, including a CV, cover letter, and three recent professional references to https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/indonesia_mnh. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and only applications in English will be accepted. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.