JOB TITLE MEAL Officer
TEAM: Nigeria Country Office
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection.
We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
ROLE PURPOSE: Ensure implementation of the M&E plan for the EU Resilience early recovery project programmes including monitoring progress against planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program officers and CSO/government counterparts to ensure that the data collection, data management and reporting, are of the highest possible quality.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Objective 1: Coordinate Data Collection, Data Quality Management, Analysis and State Level Reporting
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (registers, reporting templates, data bases, etc.) to track Education and Child Survival projects
- In collaboration with MOE, SUBEB and relevant SC staff, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme M&E plan
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme IPTT monitoring reports
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to implement the DQA system including the conduct of data quality assessments according to the M&E plan
- Support the MEAL Coordinator in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites
Objective 2: Support Programme Supervision, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the MEAL Coordinator to monitor Education and Child Protection projects across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to Program Managers
- Participate in evaluation of Education, Livelihood, Resilience, Nutrition, Social Protection, and Child Protection projects, focusing on data management of evaluation datasets.
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the Education and Child Protection Team.
Objective 3: Support Documentation, Reporting, Knowledge Sharing and Effective Feedback Mechanism
- Support coordination of Education, Livelihood, Resilience, Nutrition, Social Protection, and Child Protection projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required.
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, children, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative & General Skills
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Additional job responsibilities
- 2-3 yrs post-NYSC previous experience with local and international NGOs
- Previous experience with Resilience, Education, Livelihood, Nutrition, Social Protection, and Child Protection projects
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel or other statistical package e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Fluency in English
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent comunicación skills including report writing
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.