Media and Communications Consultant, Increased Demand for Engagement for Accountability (IDEA), Colombo, Sri Lanka
Increased Demand and Engagement for Accountability (IDEA) is a 4.5-year USAID funded activity to strengthen the civil society sector working in all regions of Sri Lanka on national and local governance issues, and to build capacities of CSOs and networks. One of the objectives of the project is to support civil society advocacy to advance good governance and rights promotion. Towards this end, IDEA supports local civil society organizations through sub-grants.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position**
IDEA is desirous of contracting a Consultant for MSI Colombo. The Consultant is expected to work with and support the capacity building team of IDEA and civil society networks. They will develop media and communications strategies in order to streamline internal, external communications and build the image of identified networks amongst local communities.
· Review existing media and communication platforms, approaches and tools
· Design and develop strategies and tool/s to ensure better internal and external communications in consultation with the members, in a participatory manner
· Build the capacity of the designated members to develop content for different print and social media platforms
· Facilitate discussions with staff and target communities where applicable, to review results and make required revisions
· Document learnings as inputs and recommendations for future initiatives
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred in the area of mass communication, journalism, or any other similar discipline
· At minimum ten years’ experience in practical application of media and communications strategies in the civil society context in Sri Lanka
· A minimum five years similar interventions and consultancies in the area of media and communications with civil society
· An understanding of the local civil society context
· Advanced language abilities to use Sinhala / Tamil and English languages
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.