Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
The Near East South Asia Center was launched in October 2000, the NESA Center’s mission is to enhance stability in the Near East and in South Asia by providing an academic environment where strategic issues can be addressed, understanding deepened, partnerships fostered, defense-related decision-making improved and cooperation strengthened between military and civilian leaders from the region and the United States. The Center builds on the strong bilateral relationships between the United States and countries in the NESA region by focusing on a multilateral approach to addressing regional security concerns and issues. It is designed to meet the knowledge needs of national security professionals by providing a forum for rigorous examination of the challenges that shape the security environment of the region. The Center provides a focal point where national decision makers can gather to exchange ideas and explore tools for cooperative problem solving. We are seeking an experienced Media and Communications Specialist to support the DSCA NESA Center.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Develop a positive image of the organization.
- Attend special events, and establish personal relationships with participants, alumni and diplomatic officials in the United States and in the NESA region.
- Provide all print and electronic promotional and informational material for the Center, including, but not limited to: news releases; newsletters, reports and other publications; NESA Web sites; Facebook pages; NESA News broadcasts; special video projects with distance learning objectives, including informational presentations about NESA; and director’s messages and special reports.
- Conduct media-related research and recommend various ways to expand NESA Center awareness in the NESA region, including how to promote distance learning opportunities.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Experience in media, communications, printing, graphic design, DRUPE, publication, and social media usage experience required.
- 2-3 years of documented experience working as a media and communications specialist at a news media, think tank, regional center, university, USG agency, or advertisement agency.
- Must be able to travel and work occasional evenings and weekends.
- A bachelor’s degree in media and/or communications or a related discipline is desired.
- Arabic, French, or Russian is highly desired.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.