AECOM has been a trusted USAID partner for nearly 15 years and is seeking experts with technical backgrounds in one or more of the following arenas to support current and future programming.
- Analysis of broadcasting, freedom of information and defamation legal frameworks, legislation, and policy, including the implementation of existing media law in complex environments. European models of copyright and cable laws/policy implementation are of particular interest.
- Experience with working with diverse stakeholders through participatory processes to produce concrete policy or policy-implementation recommendations to improve existing media law.
News Organization Capacity Development
- Experience with analyzing national and/or regional media landscapes to identify key actors and opportunities for support to promote a more objective, professional, and editorially and financially independent media.
- Conduct organizational and/or technical assessments of media organizations and provide concrete recommendations to ensure entities have the structure and tools to provide nation-wide and locally relevant, reliable, and balanced information to citizens.
- Planning and production for both news and documentary video/TV products across a variety of genres (such as documentary, news, debate, talk show), including the following specialties:
- Developing tailored training modules focused on creating compelling and evidence-based investigative stories, including the refutation of fake news,
- Mentorship in pre-production storyboarding, program conception and interview, and guest identification,
- Mentorship in production skills, including editorial and technical direction, studio and field camera work and lighting, live switching, and effects,
- Mentorship in post-production editing.
- Online journalism development with multimedia elements, including mentorship in internationally-accepted journalistic and editorial standards.
- Experience developing and executing sophisticated, integrated, and innovative communications strategies in support of government institutions, civil society, and advocacy organizations including:
- Assessing the administrative and operational needs and limitations of these entities to determine the best application of resources to advance their communications capacities,
- Message crafting and content production for both paid and unpaid media placements,
- Leveraging and promoting this content across relevant social media platforms.
- Mentoring the development of scripted TV/video content (dramas and comedies) in support of the programmatic interests of USAID and its local partners.
Assignments will vary in length between two to eight weeks from September 2017 – March 2018. Interested and qualified applicants should submit their CVs, inclusive of anticipated availability, to be considered on a rolling basis.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in one or more of the above technical areas
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications – Desirable but not required
- Previous regional experience in the Balkans, Russia, or Eastern European region.
- Knowledge of Slavic languages.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines despite competing priorities.
- Interest and commitment to working with a diversity of local stakeholders, including but not limited to media producers, project staff, government representatives, and international donor officials.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience with ensuring that practices and procedures are in place for program innovation and successful implementation. These may include, but are not limited to, grant solicitation and selection procedures, and a creative approach to complex procurement processes while maintaining alignment with program objectives.
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with all applicable USG and project policies. Fluency in FAR and ADS 303 regulations pertaining to grants and procurement is desirable.
About the Organization
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.