Counterpart International is currently seeking a Media Specialist Advisor to support the anticipated Niger Government Accountability and Policy Reform opportunity, which seeks to create space and effective mechanisms to demand government actions and hold the government accountable for policy reform. This is a full-time position. Nigerien Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Media Specialist Advisor will be responsible for leading the communication strategy in program activities, and coordinating the use and development of media tools and platforms. This position requires experience implementing international development projects that have a robust community outreach and policy advocacy component.
- Relevant degree in a related field;
- Minimum of 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
- Prior experience providing technical guidance on media, outreach and communication;
- Demonstrated experience of developing an effective communication strategy to reach out to the government, national institutions and various civil society actors;
- Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
- Previous experience working in Niger and/or West Africa is highly desired;
- Experience working effectively with government officials, non-governmental partners, and USAID and/or other donors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Prior experience working in French strongly preferred.
About the Organization
Counterpart International helps people build better lives and more durable futures, community by community. We equip individuals, organizations and communities-our counterparts- to become solution creators in their own families, communities, regions and countries. We work with them in some of the world’s most challenging places to tackle social, economic, environmental, health and governance issues that threaten their lives and undermine their futures.
For more information on Counterpart, please visit our website at www.Counterpart.org