Job Title: MEL Advisor
Department/Location: Vienna, VA or Washington, DC, USA
Reports To: Chief of Party (COP)
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Exempt Level
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a full-time MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) Advisor for an anticipated two and half year USAID-funded Indo-Pacific Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) project. Anticipated start date of the project is October 1, 2019.
The project will provide technical assistance of MEL services to the U.S. Government’s Indo-Pacific Vision. The project will perform tasks related to collecting and analyzing data analysis as well as dissemination of evidence about the Indo-Pacific activities with USAID. The audience for disseminating the information is to the U.S. Government Indo-Pacific Stakeholders.
Note: This position is for a proposal and is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary interlocutor with USAID/Asia for daily management of the MEL tasks.
- Provide technical expertise to support Indo-Pacific MEL tasks including the data collection and analysis, drafting of reports, coordination between Asia Bureau, Hubs and Missions and the development of training/guidance for Indo-Pacific MEL.
- Provide technical expertise to support the finalization of the MEL frameworks, learning agenda, and evaluation plans for USAID’s Indo-Pacific MEL efforts.
- Provide technical expertise to support higher-level monitoring of USAID implementation of the Indo-Pacific vision and the specific Indo-Pacific Initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise to support the evaluation plan and evaluations for USAID implementation of the Indo-Pacific activities and specific Indo-Pacific initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise to support knowledge management and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) for Indo-Pacific activities.
- Support the development of quarterly and annual reports to USAID, and other necessary materials to facilitate research, best practices, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience in the Asia region desirable.
- Experience supporting MEL activities for USAID, preferably at the Mission level or above.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve complex issues using strong analytical skills and proactively anticipate work requirements.
- Demonstrated experience developing, reviewing, and revising MEL frameworks
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining data management and reporting tools (e.g. Excel and Google Spreadsheets).
- Previous work developing guidance/training materials for MEL
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Works well with minimal supervision.
- Oral and written fluency in English required
Education: Master’s degree plus 6 years of relevant work experience in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or related field and/or Bachelor’s degree plus 8 years of relevant work experience in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or related field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: The position may include supervisory responsibility
Travel: International travel may be required and my include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 400 Vienna, VA 22182
Tel: 703-749-0100 Fax: 703-749-0110 E-Mail: HR@IBTCI.COM
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.