Chemonics seeks a monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) manager for a DFID-funded education program under ISD. Turkish nationals are encouraged to apply.
The MEL manager will assist the MEL director with the implementation of the MEL plan and designing and populating Chemonics’ MEL system; work with technical staff to oversee tools for data collection, storage, and analysis; and help train staff and partners on MEL system operations, collection methods, and tools. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
• Support the MEL director in the development and monitoring of the program’s and partners’ MEL plans
• Create and develop tools and templates for field-based staff to collect data and for office-based staff to analyze data
• Create reporting templates and data collection tools for partners’ MEL staff to collect data and report against the project logical framework
• Communicate daily with the program partners’ MEL staff to follow up on MEL plans and planned MEL activities
• Reviews grantees’ monthly MEL reports and approve them for grants payments
• Analyze relevant data on program indicators for contractual reports
• Conduct periodic training for project staff, stakeholders, and/or partners, and share information to help them monitor the progress of their work and use the data for strategic decision-making
• Collect quantitative data for quarterly reports and upon DFID’s request for review by the MEL director
• Analyze qualitative data as needed per the research agenda, and design key performance indicators and focus group discussion methodologies for field staff to collect qualitative data when needed
• Prepares drafts of relevant sections of donor contractual reports for the MEL director’s review
• Evaluate grantees’ progress in implementing grant monitoring and evaluation plans, and coordinate with grantees and other staff to ensure that monitoring and evaluation data and final reports are provided for the MEL director’s review
• Maintain complete and accurate monitoring and evaluation files, including MEL data in grant files using the Chemonics grants file checklist
• Work with the MEL data management specialist on checking Kobo toolbox data, validate for school site visit reports, and prepare first draft of requested report for the MEL director’s review
• Conduct an initial review of field monitors’ schools site visit reports
• Prepare initial drafts of program success stories and other reports for the MEL director’s review, as requested
• Adhere to Chemonics’ professional code of ethics
• Bachelors’ degree in social sciences or related field
• Minimum three years of experience in designing and using tools for data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of donor-funded programs
• Experience in data analysis and reporting
• Knowledge and understanding of Syria context, conflict, and security situation in Syria; previous experience in Syria strongly preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, and experience with reporting and analysis software preferred
• Excellent communication, writing, and reporting skills
• Team player with the ability to also work independently
• Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org, with the position title in the subject line, by December 18th, 2019.