Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Services Lead,
USAID/Jordan Syria Accountability and Research Team (ART) Activity
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, learning (MEL), strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US Government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Accountability and Research Team (ART) activity will increase the USAID/Middle East Bureau’s (MEB) understanding of the outputs, progress, challenges, successes, and lessons learned per the bureau’s activities in Syria. The ART activity, led by Proximity International with Social Impact, will:
1. Establish a third-part monitoring (TPM) system to independently monitor, verify, and analyze the results of activities in Syria funded by USAID/MEB
2. Provide high quality research and analysis services to inform USAID/MEB strategy
3. Strengthen the capacity of USAID/MEB and implementing partners’ staff to improve performance monitoring and data analysis.
The period of performance for ART is three years, with two option years. Estimated start date for the position is July-August 2020. Work, to be managed overall by the MEB’s Southern Syria Assistance Platform (SSAP) in Amman, will be performed in Syria, with secondary work performed in Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, and Germany.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Jordanian citizens or residents of Jordan are eligible to apply.**
Social Impact (SI) seeks a mid- to senior-level MEL Support Services Lead (SSL) who will lead on monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) and provide technical and managerial leadership for program support services through coordinating the development of materials, inputs, trainings and scheduling required to complete the various tasks under this activity component. These tasks include but are not limited to: data collection and analysis, activity-level MEL plan reviews, conducting data quality assessments (DQAs), assessing baseline data collection plans, and supporting Program Management Plan (PMP) development, as well as coordinating with the MEL Capacity Building task focused on MEB and Implementing Partner staff. The MEL SSL will report to the DCOP.
The MEL SSL will work full-time for the duration of the activity and will be based in Amman, Jordan. No travel to Syria is expected.
· Develop USAID/Middle East Bureau stabilization program-level data collection, analysis, and reporting systems.
· Review USAID/MEB’s Performance Management Plan (PMP), learning agendas, evaluation scopes of work, MEL task calendars, and other MEL and R&A tasks.
· Review activity-level MEL plans submitted by IPs and provide USAID/MEB staff with recommendations to ensure consistency with USAID policy.
· Design and conduct trainings/seminars for USAID/MEB, IP staff, and local partners on topics such as evaluation management, data collection processes, data quality assurance, reporting, and developing PMPs, MEL plans, and DQAs.
· Assess baseline data collection plans and data, identifying gaps and proposing assessments, surveys, or other data gathering determined to be necessary, in consultation with USAID.
· Conduct Data Quality Assessments (DQAs) of IP data and data quality assurance systems.
· Review and analyze performance results and targets quarterly and update as needed.
· Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as international development, international affairs, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences, economics, governance, health, environment, education, organizational management, or communications is required.
· At least eight years of experience supporting or leading MEL with USAID-funded projects, including developing PMPs, MEL plans, reporting systems, and data collection tools and databases.
· Demonstrated expertise in facilitation and training in both large, formal settings and strong interpersonal skills for coaching and mentoring in informal settings.
· Experience overseeing or implementing effective communications of MEL findings and recommendations.
· Strong familiarity with USAID MEL policies and procedures required, including with the related ADS requirements.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.