Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
MEL Training Consultant, Bangladesh
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a consultant for its Feed the Future Bangladesh Rice and Diversified Crops (RDC) activity to upgrade knowledge and reinforce capacity of the RDC MEL and program staff on standard MEL measurement strategy at intervention level result measurement and sector level systemic change measurement processes for a market system development project. The purpose of this consultancy is to:
- Build the capacity of MEL staff and the program team on standard result measurement processes and develop a common program understanding of the requirements that pertain
- Review the existing result measurement processes and USAID requirements and provide actionable recommendations to improve RDC’s evidence based systemic change measurement and results measurement processes
- Share relevant tools and methodologies for measuring results and systemic change commonly used in market systems programs.
The consultancy is for a period of approximately 12 working days (8-12 December) excluding time for travel to and from Bangladesh, where includes 4 days for preparation and document review and 5 days for in-house training and 3 days for write up of the training report.
The consultant will lead this Result Measurement and Systemic Change Measurement Training Workshop module with the following components:
Day 1: Market systems and measurement methods. The objective is to introduce what is market system (MS) and MS measurement including principles, tools, approaches, best practices done elsewhere
Day 2: Review the existing System. Explanation of RDC’s process, current MEL approaches and tools, indicators, challenges and opportunities
Day 3 to 5: Participatory diagnosis and identification of actionable recommendations to improve existing system. Through this diagnosis process will improve the tools, indicators, practices, do role play, get specific guidance from facilitator on specific tool or method, etc. In this case, it’s not only any tool/method but something applicable to the project.
Adopting the thread above will allow to:
1) make sure that all targeted staff are at the same level of understanding e.g. program and MEL staff,
2) make sure that facilitator are fully aware of the constraints, challenges, and implementation and M&E approach so far,
3) get not only facilitator’s voices, but also staff’s on how we can and will do better,
4) make sure we’ll get concrete recommendations and an internal action plan for an improved system and methods at the end of this workshop.
- Extensive experience in the provision of training on Market System Development (MSD) approach programs, with specific emphasis on monitoring and results management learning.
- Extensive experience in Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) standards (including AAER) and applications.
- Experience of providing Results Measurement training in developing economy environments.
- Private Sector Development (PSD) experience, with particular emphasis on agricultural programs.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching and facilitation.
- The consultant must be independent but collaborative, willing to share thoughts and ideas, and able to give constructive feedback.
- Cultural sensitivity, particularly in multiethnic and multi-religious contexts.
- Fluency in English required.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. Applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.