You: a highly dedicated, service-oriented professional with at least four years’ experience working in the field of customer relations, who is passionate about providing top-notch support for members of Devex, the media platform for global development, and willing to work on a night shift schedule.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world by working directly with our audience of one million global development professionals.
If you’re eager to use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills on customer relations and help desk activities, by providing adequate and timely response to phone, email, and live chat inquiries, requests for assistance and/or general information about Devex products and services, then we’d love to meet you.
We want to give you the opportunity to carve out your own place in the world, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun).
Why this position is great for you:
- You’re empathetic to users and receptive to their needs, with the ability to effectively assist and reassure (or pacify) members if needed, whether through email or phone.
- You’re process-oriented, able to investigate and identify problem areas in various scenarios, and provide practical solutions to issues as they arise.
- You’re comfortable with technology, and testing new / unfamiliar platforms to effectively troubleshoot for users.
- You’re an analytical and efficient communicator, able to synthesize multiple sources of information about the organization, the website, and its features in your responses to queries; and can provide sufficient context when collaborating with teams on technical issues.
- You’ll serve as a bridge between members and different teams in Devex, sharing crucial feedback to help inform decision-making across all of the organization’s services / business lines, processes, and even website features to improve user experience.
- You enjoy sharing your ideas and can effectively collaborate with both internal Devexers and the Devex community to help build a comprehensive Help Center site, where end users can find the information they need.
- You’ll get to work with people from literally every corner of the globe, and help strengthen the foundations of a growing and dynamic team across offices in Washington DC, Barcelona, and Manila.
- We’re a young, dynamic company that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Member Support Associate are:
- Help Devex members via email, chat or over the phone to ensure they have the best experience possible (teammates tend to send 60+ emails every day), troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions in a timely manner;
- Write documentation to help users help themselves (all the documentation on our help site is written and maintained by the support team: https://support.devex.com);
- Work with the product team to build tools that will speed up and increase the quality of support at the same time;
- Act as Devex ambassadors by collecting and sharing member feedback on our products and services to the concerned Devex groups;
- Collaborate with the team in creating workflow improvements that’s geared towards automation;
- Analyse and report on identified trends affecting members and site users, to create action items and reduce member affecting issues;
- Become experts at everything Devex; from being able to answer questions about membership and services, to helping fellow Devexers use and troubleshoot internal tools and systems.
- Managing and utilizing specific project management tools.
You must have…
- At least a Bachelor’s / College Degree in Business Studies / Administration / Management, Human Resource Management, or equivalent;
- Excellent English communication skills, both in verbal and written form;
- Attention to detail, and an organized approach to work;
- A strong sense of responsibility;
- A confident, friendly and cheerful attitude;
- The flexibility to tailor procedures to the ever-evolving nature of operations;
- Good computer skills to deal with multiple online applications, websites, and in-house IT systems;
- Experience in working with customers or clients from entry-level to executive level professionals;
- Proficiency in using CRM and support platforms such as Zendesk and Salesforce and Livechat.
The successful candidate will be assigned to work the night shift (beginning 9pm) and will be based in our office in Manila, Philippines. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people.
An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona, and Manila, and reporters around the world. Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world. Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page.