Scope of Work Summary:
The scope of this consultancy assignment is to assist Blumont for implementation of protection components of the HSRAH project.
Objective and Purpose of the Consultancy:
Blumont intends to acquire the services of a short-term Consultant (5 months); the scope of this consultancy is to design context specific activities/modules/guides/materials for Blumont filed staff so they can interact and conduct sessions with IDPs, refugees, and members of foreign families to counter / neutralize the current indoctrination. The Consultant will manage all five (5) protection activities under Objective two of the proposal. The purpose of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Working Group (WG) is to address the MHPSS needs of the populations served by Blumont in Roj and Al Hol Camps in NES. The Consultant will provide mobile management assistance to the project team on a weekly basis. Moreover, the Consultant may update and modify the program activities and set the M&E plan for the activities on a monthly basis if needed. The protection lead will be providing technical support and training and capacity building of psycho-social support (PSS) for Blumont staff.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have a meeting with Blumont team at start of the consultancy, to understand the objectives, scope and deliverable of the assignment and to establish the work plan and the timeline of the assignment;
- Develop activity work plan with M&E plan per need;
- Develop modules/materials and activity design to be used by Blumont staff for protection sessions, as well as provide training to Blumont staff to conduct the same sessions for rest of project period;
- Manage the project on a weekly basis and provide technical support to staff and Blumont team regarding all the project activities. Weekly support contains coaching support with staff, weekly coordination session with Program manager and protection lead, answering different questions/giving guidelines for emergencies management.
- Strengthen the safe and ethical collation, analysis and transparent sharing of data and information pertaining to MHPSS needs, priorities and activities in the Camps and NES, including gap identification.
- Provide support on overall wellbeing and PSS to staff for the whole program
- Travel to NES for staff training and providing technical support to the project.
- Any other related duties
Specific Tasks of the Consultant:
Under the overall guidance of the HSRAH Program Manager, the consultant will accomplish the following, using his / her education and experience, knowledge, and additional understanding gleaned from available resources:
Task 1: Project Initiation
The consultant shall participate in an initial kickoff meeting with Blumont PM and technical team to finalize the timeline for the proposed Scope of Work, review proposed plans to confirm understanding of the sequence and dependencies, understand activities undertaken to date by Blumont and others related to same/similar theme(s).
Task 2: Review of Background Information & Context/situational analysis
Consultant shall conduct a background reading of documents relevant to assignment including but not limited to HSRAH project proposal and will visit camp and hold meetings with people identified during kickoff meeting to conduct situational analysis.
Task 3: Develop activities, M&E Plans Module/Materials based on needs, Conduction Session and Training of Blumont Staff. Consultant shall develop monthly activity and M&E plan for the Protection component. Weekly follow up meeting shall be held with HSRAH staff to provide technical support and review the plan.
Task 4: Presentation & Brief Report
The consultants shall deliver a presentation and submit a brief report on overall assignment based on request from the HSRAH Program Manager, activities conducted, accomplishments and recommendations.
The following are the key deliverables of this consultancy:
- A brief work and M&E plan/inception report with the first week of the commencement of the consultancy;
- Monthly activity and M&E plan for all the activities;
- Monthly achievement report based on needs
- Any Program materials, brochures, infographics based on program needs;
- Periodic reports after each visit to NES and Final report regarding all protection activities at the end of the project;
- Establishing knowledge generation and strategic dissemination on promising practices for PSS in NES Camps, and developing modules/context specific materials per need based on the changes on the ground.
The duty station for this consultancy is middle east with travel to Erbil (Iraq) and North east Syria.
The consultant will report to the HSRAH Program Manager
Duration of the Assignment:
This assignment is planned to take place as per a start date of on or around July 15th, 2020 and end date of on or around November 25th, 2020 hereto for a total of 76 days LOE excluding travel days.
The consultant will work in line with the working schedule, chalked out by Blumont nominee. The Blumont HSRAH Programs Manager or his nominee will sign the time sheet of the consultant. Each time sheet must be supported by a brief monthly progress report indicating hours of work and main achievements of the month, including number of meetings with staff, time, date and topics.
Qualifications (Skills, Qualifications, and Experience)
- Master’s degree or PHD in psychology, counselling psychology, clinical psychology developmental psychology and related field.
- Qualified experienced individuals (Minimum 10 years) with experience in MHPSS, Providing Self-Care for Care Providers and staff, experience in Mental Health support, Psychosocial support, Child Protection, GBV/SGV, Support to Torture Survivors and to individuals affected by war, knowledge in conflict and crisis management.
- Knowledgeable individuals who understands and worked in north east Syria or understand the socio-political context of NES
- The candidate must demonstrate her/his experience in emergency settings or areas affected by War and conflict
- Experienced and knowledge of the work of the humanitarian actors (UN agencies, INGOs) is crucial
- Experienced individual in capacity building of staff
- The candidate should have knowledge of protection project management and can design tools, log frames and any M&E related activity for protection activities.
- Computer Skills
- The candidate must be fluent in English, and Arabic (Speaking and writing). Knowledge of Kurdish Kirmanci language will be an added value