We are seeking a highly experienced and successful Meteorologist for an exciting long term, in-country role on a World Bank funded consultancy, supporting the National Hydrology Project in India. Based in Delhi and influencing nationally, this ‘key player’ advisory consultancy will provide support to all implementing agencies and the national project monitoring unit, to enable better decision making for effective planning and operations relating to water resources: project planning; procurement; technical developments; training; capacity building.
Our team would support and advise on all components of the project: Water resources monitoring systems; Water resources information systems; Water resources operations and planning systems; Climate forecasting; Institutional capacity enhancement.
The Meteorologist will lead streams of the climate forecasting work with support from the project team and the Mott MacDonald Project Director. The input will total 24 months over an expected 8-year period. Tasks include:
- Responsible for meteorological data collection and data QA/QC
- Climate forecast
- Technical delivery of Meteorology capacity building activities
- Engagement with all implementing agencies, private sector actors, the government of India and The World Bank
- Ensure the timely submission of reports
- Participate in project review meetings; providing analytical and evaluative techniques to identify and resolve issues or problems.
You will be an experienced Meteorologist with proven technical skills in the management of similar activities in at least two countries, preferably in Asia / Sub-continent Asia, on projects funded by donors such as World Bank, MCC, USAID, ADB, DFID, EU
The candidate MUST have:
- Post-graduate in related meteorology subject matter.
- At least 15 years’ progressive responsibility in meteorology work, with over 10 years’ experience in similar role in international projects
- Significant technical expertise in delivery of projects in a similar context
- Regional experience of Asia / Sub-continent Asia, ideally within India
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Skilled in identifying and resolving complex problems and facilitating cooperation among diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to relate to public and private sector executives.
About the Organization
Mott MacDonald is an employee-owned management, development and engineering consultancy serving the public and private sector around the world, with more than 16,000 staff worldwide.
Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment and Water, Education, Health and Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries. Together we implement and manage projects in developing countries and emerging economies around the world, supporting national governments and municipalities in policy, planning, project design and delivery. We are committed to supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and to provide our expertise to improve the lives of people in need.