MID – LEVEL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Khulisa Management Services Inc. (www.khulisa.com) is seeking an experienced mid-level Business Development Manager to join our team.
Based in greater Washington, D.C.
The Business Development Manager will work closely with the BD manager in our South African office and assume ownership of the business development process, from opportunity identification to bid management to bid submission including co-ordination of process. The ability to bring together diverse resources to produce a winning proposal is an essential component of the position. Health, education and/or economic development sector expertise is desired in the successful candidate.
Qualifications, Ability & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years demonstrated work experience in positions focused on business development in international development /donor sector. (health, education, or other social sector required);
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential. Persuasive, analytical, logical, and deductive reasoning skills;
- Familiar with multi-lateral and bilateral donor agency applications and policies/procedures (particularly United State Government (USG) agencies, such as USAID, Centers for Disease Control, etc.).
- Working experience with developing country governmental departments advantageous;
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in English required. Knowledge of a second language an advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to write concise and persuasive proposals;
- Energetic and quick learner. Good work ethic – willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines;
- Ability to support budgeting and proposal budget development;
- Excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel, web-based recruiting systems and Power Point required;
- Recruitment skills would be advantageous; and willingness to travel internationally
About the Organization
Advisor: Khulisa Management Services (see www.khulisa.com) provides monitoring and evaluation and business intelligence services including direct assistance, management consulting, and institutional and human development for public and private sector clients, mainly in Africa. Focusing on the health, education, agriculture and social development sectors. Khulisa employs approximately 35 staff in Johannesburg, South Africa and has an office in Washington DC.