Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, is looking for a Program Analyst to directly support USAID’s Policy, Planning, and Learning (PPL) Bureau, which develops policies and strategies that guide and help USAID achieve their mission to reduce poverty, strengthen democratic governance, and help people emerge from humanitarian crises and progress beyond assistance.
Program Analysts will provide technical support to various PPL teams and Bureau leadership in order to facilitate the effective achievement of all PPL priorities, including policy leadership, donor coordination, Program Cycle implementation, and USAID Forward reforms. You will provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and policy support in the areas of donor engagement, project design, strategy, program monitoring, evaluation, collaborating, learning and adapting, and policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced research on topics relating to existing or planned policies and other issues relating to PPL’s portfolio of responsibilities
- Working on bilateral team, managing bilateral donor relationships
- Outreach and communication with internal and external stakeholders on substantive matters both orally and in writing
- Substantive input in the drafting of briefing materials for senior PPL members
- Drafting of policy papers, how-to and other guidance documents, reports, summaries and other written documents
- Analyzing information needed to formulate development strategies and policy
Profile/Experience and Qualifications:
- US Citizenship required.
- Current Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree in relevant field with 5 years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Experience working on issues of foreign policy and development; budgeting, strategic planning, or other relevant areas as required.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex programming concepts into clear, concise written documents and oral presentations required.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team. Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of large size entities working in international development or foreign affairs.
- Occasional travel required.
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.