Devex is assisting an international consulting firm dedicated to development.
The Feed the Future Nigeria Livelihoods Project is a 5-year activity implemented with rural communities in northern Nigeria’s Sokoto state, Kebbi state and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The project is innovative in design, using a multi-sector approach to help 42,000 very poor households increase agricultural production, income and improve nutrition. The activity is implemented with eight local civil society partners, working closely with stakeholders at the community, government and private sector.
• Review of background documents and preparation work
• Attend team planning meetings and in-brief with USAID
• Support the development of the workplan and data collection tools, including pre-testing
• Conduct information and data collection activities in Abuja and several zones for field
• Support the development of the evaluation report, and preparation and presentation of
• Conduct exit brief and development of report outline
• Support the development of the final evaluation report, in consideration and inclusion of
• Evaluation work plan
• Evaluation design (protocols)
• In-briefing upon arrival in Abuja, mid-term updates, and final exit briefing
• Draft evaluation report
• Final evaluation report with final PowerPoint presentation according to specified
• Availability and willingness to be in Nigeria for up to 12 weeks, starting on or about January, 2018
• A minimum of three years of experience in conflict areas, organizational capacity
• Ability to conduct interviews and focus group discussions
• Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data collection/analysis methods
• Familiarity with USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in the USAID
Automated Directive System (ADS) in Chapter 200
• Strong technical/evaluation report writing and communication/presentation skills
• Proficient in English with strong English language writing skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.