The goal of CLAimHealth is to improve the health of underserved Filipinos through the effective implementation of USAID’s Health Portfolio (2017-2023). CLAimHealth can achieve this by generating and using high quality monitoring and evaluation data, as well as through continuous learning and adapting to changing contexts and new knowledge.
Continuous Evaluation (CE) is an approach oriented towards collaborating, learning, and adapting (CLA) and developed by Panagora Group. CE is a form of third-party monitoring oriented to promote learning and adaptation. Panagora’s work plan includes selecting 1-2 Health Portfolio activities to benefit from CE over CLAimHealth life of task order.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, test, and refine observation and reporting tools (including the performance feedback report template), based on types of activities evaluated. Tools will include sections to record overarching comments, appreciative feedback (what went well), and constructive feedback (areas needing attention and/or improvement).
- Track work plan rollout of identified activities, including meetings and communication with the identified implementing partners. This will likely entail a monthly meeting with the implementing partners to understand planned activities against the work plan, including any modifications and the associated rationale.
- Review planned activities with the COP, Sr. Research and Learning (R&L) Specialist, and Engagement, Learning, and Adapting (ELA) Specialist, and agree on what to observe and which of our observation tools to use. Activities can include training, consultation, workshop, data collection, etc.
- Observe selected activities using observation tools, recording details about the event, constructive feedback, and appreciative feedback.
- Provide a brief observation report following each observed event or activity to the CLAimHealth team.
- At the end of each month, use our performance feedback report template to provide (1) a consolidated report detailing what was observed in a given month and (2) a draft performance feedback memo for the implementing partner in which the appreciative and constructive feedback from each observation is rolled up, by event. The ELA Specialist will review the performance feedback memo for content, clarity, and tone, and then shares it with the COP and Sr. R&L Specialist for review and input prior to finalizing the memo.
- Via the ELA Specialist, share the performance feedback memo with the IP leadership, and request a meeting to discuss their response.
- Support the ELA Specialist in discussions between CLAimHealth and the IP to discuss the performance feedback memos on a monthly basis.
- Consolidate observations into a central tracking system, and conduct analysis of data on a quarterly basis including feedback comments, suggested action, IP comment, and adaptive management actions taken.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline but with a health focus (health, public health and management, economics, public policy, development studies, social sciences)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in public health programs
- Excellent communication skills in English and Pilipino, and excellent writing skills in English
About the Organization
Panagora Group is a woman-owned small business providing novel and integrated solutions in global health and international development. Our vision is to provide high-quality, high-impact social and economic development consulting, with a special focus on public-private partnerships, human and institutional capacity-building, knowledge sharing and collaborative learning, NGO/community engagement, and integrated solutions that build country capacity and independence.