The World Bank funded Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) Third Party Monitoring (TPM) Program provides critical data from the field as input to the World Bank’s implementation support and the GoA line ministries’ own monitoring systems and offers a level of additional evidence and assurance to donors that ARTF-financed projects are being implemented according to project specifications. ARTF TPM also provides GoA line ministries with an example of project monitoring and showcases how such practices could improve ARTF-financed project performance and results.
The MSI ART TPM Project requires a part-time Technical Writer to support drafting, editing, and finalization of contractual deliverables and other project documents in English.
The Technical Writer will edit reports created by technical staff. S/he will revise, edit, and finalize documents in English, including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as other deliverables
Specific objectives and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect inputs from technical staff for monthly, quarterly, and annual reports;
- Improve grammar and clarify technical inputs and produce final document in professional quality English for submission to the World Bank;
- Coordinate with technical and operations staff for any graphics or editorial support required;
- Draft reports compliant with the WB requirements and MSI standards
- Any other tasks assigned by the Team Lead.
Technical Writer will be based in the United States. Occasional travel to Kabul, Afghanistan may be required.
The Technical Writer will report to and be supervised directly by the Team Lead. S/he will receive management support from the Team Lead and Deputy Team Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Proven ability as a writer for technical subjects;
- At least two years previous experience working with international NGOs or donors is preferable;
- Familiarity with the engineering and infrastructure terminology as well as other technical areas covered by ARTF TPM preferred;
- Verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.