Job Title: Monitoring Advisor
Department/Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt level position and is not eligible for overtime pay
IBTCI is currently seeking a Monitoring Advisor for an upcoming Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Support Project in Indonesia, funded by USAID. This will be a full-time, key position based in Jakarta, Indonesia. This Project will provide a range of technical assistance to USAID Indonesia’s portfolio of programs. The Monitoring Advisor will require experience in monitoring and evaluation, particularly on the follow-up of project interventions and intermediate progress indicators to advise program management.
This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the technical design, data analysis, and report writing aspects in relation to the monitoring of activities and processes for this project;
- Oversee the technical implementation to ensure that the intermediate indicators are fulfilled, and that the project is steered toward achieving deliverables that represent the outcomes of sound, ethical, and verifiable data collection and analysis;
- Ensure the quality of data collected in the field is valid and in line with the overall design of the project.
- Advise the COP and senior managers of the closeness of adherence of project activities and processes to fulfill required landmarks and intermediate objectives, and any departures requiring steering the project into adequate direction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Nine years of combined professional experience in project monitoring in the social sectors, consulting and/or managing projects related to organizational learning, system and/or project development.
- Excellent management skills for the planning, execution and coordination of a range of activities, including assignment-based reporting.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while producing results.
- Thorough theoretical and practical knowledge of monitoring and indicators. Knowledge of evaluation frameworks would be an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in using process indicators to assist steering project direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels and from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Knowledge of information systems in support of organization decision making processes.
- Demonstrated ability to use software programs such as MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and any organization software package (e.g., Project, ProjectWork, Taskworld, etc.). Other IT skills and knowledge of information system software (e.g., DHIS2) would be an asset.
- Maintains integrity and takes a clear ethical approach; commitment to the Organization’s mandate accountable for own role and responsibilities; respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences;
- Works collaboratively with team members and counterparts; facilitates open communication;
- Producing Results: Monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Working experience in Indonesia is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in the humanitarian, transition, or development field,
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing monitoring and verification systems, methods, and tools;
- Demonstrated skills in both qualitative and quantitative monitoring systems design and implementation;
- Experience in leading and implementing monitoring methods and tools in third-party monitoring projects;
- Demonstrated experience in relevant data analysis and report writing;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, including the development of reports and presentations for the Organization and technical meetings and conferences.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesian highly desired.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in monitoring and/or evaluation methods and management, international affairs, economics, organizational development, information systems, business or public administration, social sciences or in any other areas related to the post. Master’s Degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.