IBTCI is currently seeking a monitoring analyst and report writer for work under a monitoring and evaluation support services project funded by the United States Agency for International Development/Yemen (USAID/Yemen). The USAID/Yemen Monitoring and Evaluation Project II (YMEPII) is a multi-year project focusing on the provision of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning, and Research services across multiple development sectors in Yemen. Candidates should possess a successful track record in conducting research, designing data collection tools and producing written deliverables.
The period of performance is expected to be up to four months with a possibility of extension, and is to be conducted remotely. The Level of Effort is expected to be no more than four days per week.
Using your monitoring, analysis and subject matter skills, perform analysis, tool design and writing tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Draft weekly context monitoring reports;
- Provide quality control of data collected;
- Conduct additional secondary-source based data collection for weekly context monitoring as appropriate;
- Review and revise the weekly context monitoring report data collection tool and approach to align with monthly context monitoring;
- Oversee the roll out of any new tool with and remote-training of data collectors.
- Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI area of context monitoring and reporting.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- While working on proposals with IBTCI, the consultant is prohibited from working on that same proposal with any other organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent research and qualitative analysis skills;
- In depth knowledge of Yemen, including a thorough understanding of the political, economic, and social context;
- Excellent writing skills, specifically with producing deliverables for USG customers;
- Familiarity and experience with context monitoring;
- In-country Yemen experience preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in tool development.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in conducting monitoring, analysis, and writing reports, preferably in an international development or academic context;
- Demonstrated familiarity and work in conflict contexts required;
- Oral and written fluency in English; native or near-native fluency in Arabic required; Yemeni dialect preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Administration or Science, Political Science or a related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
IBTCI (International Business and Technical Consultants, Inc) is an organization with over 25 years of experience providing advisory and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) services to USAID and other international donors. Today, IBTCI remains focused on meeting the development assistance needs of emerging markets and developing countries by offering exceptional functional expertise, regional experience, and a commitment to excellence. IBTCI has worked in over 100 countries and led more than 200 projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and institutions such as the Department for International Development United Kingdom (DFID), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the World Bank (WB). We are headquartered in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, with project offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, Near East, and the Caribbean. To find out more please visit our website: www.ibtci.com