The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), through the Australian Embassy in Manila, is responsible for delivering Australia’s bilateral aid investment to the Philippines. This is characterised by programs and activities in various sectors including education, governance, economics and trade. Managed by Abt Associates, the Recruitment, Administrative Management and Support Services for Manila Post Advisers (RAMSS) provides administrative and logistical support to strategic advisers embedded in and located in DFAT Manila Post. The strategic advisers will assist DFAT Manila Post in effectively and efficiently delivering Australia’s aid investments, economic diplomacy and development policy objectives in the Philippines.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Adviser will provide technical and strategic advice and inputs to DFAT Manila Post (“Post”) on M&E. This may include advice on all aspects of M&E conducted by Post, including on building capacity of aid program staff in M&E, appropriate M&E design and preparation of aid investment quality documentation. If directed, the Adviser may also be required to provide advice to individual program teams and Australian government contractors. Advice should be aimed at enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of Australian aid investment in the Philippines. The Adviser will also represent the Australian Government in meetings and other fora, as needed and directed.
The successful candidate will:
- Conduct a stocktake, review and assessment of the current state of M&E across the Philippines Aid Program. The results and findings will inform the Adviser’s work plan/program for the duration of the engagement with the end view of improving the M&E quality of the country program;
- Participate in the annual Philippines Program aid quality reporting processes;
- Support in maintaining and implementation of a robust and forward-looking Performance Assessment Framework (PAF) for the Philippines aid program. (PAF integration to investment-level M&E, i.e., capacity building of program staff in collecting and/or verifying PAF data);
- Maintain familiarity with the ongoing and upcoming activities under the Australian Aid Program in the Philippines with information and assistance from the different teams managing the various aid programs;
- Lead or participate in selected in-house and independent evaluation/review activities for the Philippines program;
- Provide advice and inputs to M&E related matters of the different aid programs; including frameworks, plans and tools on an as-needed and as-requested basis;
- Undertake in-house capacity-building activities on M&E. This may include training, workshops, troubleshooting and other activities as required.
Key Requirements in this role:
- Post-graduate degree in Evaluation, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Management, Economics or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years in undertaking monitoring and evaluation work for development programs in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience in the management, design, planning and implementation of development programs.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in development programs in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement a robust yet pragmatic monitoring and evaluation strategy or plan.
For Further Information and Application Details
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at: http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the Key Selection Criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is the 25 February 2018 (Midnight AEST).
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.