- Support the Ministry of Health in review and implementation of the National M&E Plan
- Assist in strengthening health management information systems in Timor Leste
Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser - Ministry of Health
- Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
- Long Term Adviser position for 12 Months
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, sanitation, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance. Improved human development will ensure that coming generations of Timorese people are better able to lead, contribute to and benefit from their nation’s economic and social development.
The Timor-Leste Ministry of Health and Australian Government are partnering together on a new health program to improve the provision of health services for Timorese women and children across the country. Healthcare management and services delivery is guided by the National Health Sector Strategic Plan (NHSSP) 2011-2030 with a greater focus on health in the families (Saude na Familia). The support from PHD will enhance the linkages between planning and monitoring, thus improving evidence-informed management decisions at various levels.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Adviser is a pivotal position that will support the Ministry of Health in the review and implementation of the National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Strategic Plan to strengthen health management information systems. This key role will:
- Review, facilitate discussion and consultation for finalisation of the draft M&E Plan for the Ministry of Health
- Facilitate the linking of data to action and strengthen the review process at National, Subnational level and to provide timely feedback to appropriate departments and Directorate
- Assist the Quality Control Cabinet of the Ministry of Health in the development of quality monitoring tools and relevant indicators for quality improvement measurements
- Support the development of an M&E database, electronic progress cards (national level, programs, Municipalities and CHC levels) including supportive supervision data
- Continue to support implementation of the Village Health Assembly for Community Based Monitoring Model for Health (CBM-Health); develop relevant tools including the Village Health Card and the Citizen Health Charter
- Provide M&E advice and potential recommendations for further M&E development to KONSSANTIL specifically related to health
- Provide relevant advice on the use of relevant information and analysis to strengthen PHD health M&E Plan and framework.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced degree in Health or evaluation research, statistics and epidemiology, or a related field
- Substantial program experience relevant to strengthening health monitoring and evaluation for Ministry of Health, in the Asia Pacific region; Timor-Leste experience highly desirable
- Significant technical expertise in designing, managing and implementing results-based M&E activities, processes and systems, relevant to the health sector
- Excellent data analytical skills and interpretation, with ability to write clearly and concisely, and sound quantitative skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to build, maintain positive relationships with a range of stakeholders in a complex environment.
Further Information and How to Apply
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at
It is preferred that all applications should be submitted online via the Careers page listed above. Applications can also be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org - Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 23 April 2018 (midnight AEST) We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
Abt Associates – Who We Are
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.