Assignment Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for TPM Data Analysis and Reporting
Department/Location: Crisis, Conflict and Governance/Remote
Technical Point of Contact: Chief of Party
Overview: MECC is a five-year contrat implemented by IBTCI to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to the Democratic Republic of the Congo’s (DRC’s) Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). It is intended to support Mission-wide objectives and provides analytical tools and services that allow the mission to undertake performance managment to guide the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework. MECC services include performance monitoring, support of the Mission’s Learning Agenda, coordination among stakeholders at the provincial level, and M&E capacity for Mission staff, IPs, and other relevant stakeholders.
In 2018, MECC initiated a Third Party Monitoring (TPM) activity in DRC and Central African Republic. The TPM activity will respond to USAID’s needs for independent, accurate and first-hand evidence of funded project activities in difficult to reach areas. With coordination and supervision from MECC, TPM partners will conduct site visits to USAID-funded activities in these areas and submit site visit reports that measure progress in project-defined outputs and outcomes and identify any issues related to implementation. The information and findings produced through the TPM activity will be valuable in ensuring program accountability and informing future program design across DRC and CAR. The period of performance for this consultancy is about six months beginning in October 2019, for an estimated LOE of 40 days.
Using an established format, the TPM Analysis and Reporting Consultant will provide short-term technical support for the analysis and synthesis of findings into a final report of each assigned site visit.
Scope of Work:
- In collaboration with the MECC TPM team, review site visit reports submitted by the TPM partners to analyze findings;
- Using the reporting template (to be provided), lead the development of synthesis reports for each assigned TPM site visit; synthesis reports may include photos and infographics in addition to narrative text.
- Other technical or administrative tasks as assigned by the COP or their delegate
- Complete, copy-edited, and formatted synthesis report (approximately five pages each, including photos and graphics) for each assigned TPM site visit, up to 20 reports. The consultant must ensure taht each report meets USAID and IBTCI quality standards as well as branding and marking requirements.
- Due: 1 week after reciept of meta data from each assigned site.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated expertise of USAID M&E principles and familiarity with Third-Party Monitoring;
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English, professional proficiency in French preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents;
- Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible, and visually compelling manner; and
- Familiarity with standard/office IT applications.
- At least five (5) years experience in M&E and international development context required.
- Ready access to reliable internet.
- Oral and written fluency in English, professional proficiency in French.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Not required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employmnet opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by application anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disabiity that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of othe application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, confict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment and global health.