Requisition ID: req2088
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor - Humanitarian Emergencies of Infectious Diseases
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
NOTE: position is contingent on successful bid; if funding awarded, position to start Fall 2018 for the full program period of performance, 3 years.
The IRC responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Health programs represent the largest single sector within which IRC currently operates, constituting approximately 45% of the international budget and with activities in 22 countries. Field-based health staff are supported by a headquarters Health Unit comprised of health professionals with many years of experience in humanitarian work. The IRC’s Emergency Unit leads and oversees IRC’s global emergency preparedness and response activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor for the OFDA project, Augmenting Capacity for Humanitarian Emergencies of Infectious Diseases with Epidemic or Pandemic Potential, will be responsible for working with the IRC’s Health Unit, Emergency Unit, and key Operations teams, as well as several strategic consortium partners, to support increased global preparedness for L3 outbreak emergencies, both at the IRC specifically and within the humanitarian response community more broadly.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will maintain quality program management for all work streams associated with the Augmenting Capacity for Humanitarian Emergencies of Infectious Diseases with Epidemic or Pandemic Potential program. S/he will be responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation of the program, in accordance with USAID regulations, IRC policies, and international standards for preparedness and programming. The M&E Advisor will provide technical oversight of all M&E activities and data analysis, setting up an efficient program monitoring system, and overseeing any evaluations activities. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for conducting physical monitoring of each sub-awardee, verifying data collected by sub-awardees, and ensuring sub-awardee monitoring systems are adequate. Reporting to the Chief of Party of the same program, this position will work closely with HQ staff and regional staff - technical, finance, supply chain, organizational leadership - to oversee progress on program activities, maintain program records, ensure timely and accurate program reporting.
Key Working Relationships:
* Position Reports to: Chief of Party, Augmenting Capacity for Humanitarian Emergencies of Infectious Diseases with Epidemic or Pandemic Potential
* Position directly supervises: N/A
* Indirect Reporting: Director of Emergency Health
* Demonstrated capacity to monitor implementation of complex (multifaceted, multi-partner) projects
* Extensive experience designing, working with, and/or supporting M&E systems, including various tools and technologies/databases
* Strong data management skills and familiarity with Excel, SPSS, Stata or other statistical analysis software required
* Background in operational research, including methodology, data collection, and analysis, preferably related to emergency preparedness processes
* Experience in the area of quality control and timeliness of deliverables, work plans, quarterly reports, and other USAID reporting deliverables
* Strong communication skills to ensure timely and coordinated reporting within multi-partner consortium
* Proven ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment and across various time zones
* Outstanding organizational skills: ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and work independently and productively in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
* Education: Master’s Degree in public health, statistics, or related field
* Work Experience: minimum 5-7 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation within the humanitarian sector, ideally with work related to health response
* Language Skills: English fluency; French proficiency is a plus
Working Environment:Standard office work environment.
Location(s): USA - New York - New York, NY or Washington, DC
About the Organization
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 27 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.