The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients’ return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.
QED is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist to serve on the Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Project (USAID MEL). USAID MEL will contribute to 1) ensuring that USAID’s development programs in Jordan achieve their intended results through an efficient and effective mechanism; and 2) building the institutional capacity of local MEL firms to assuming increasing management responsibility of MEL awards. The project will also provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff as well as local stakeholders.
- Develop M&E plans, define project indicators, and collect and review monitoring data.
- Contribute to performance and impact evaluations through questionnaire development. Key informant in-depth interviewing, managing survey data collection, reviewing data, preparing datasets, analyzing quantitative or qualitative data, and report writing.
- Interpret outcomes of implementation through data or other evidenced-based sources and provide program recommendations as needed.
- Provide support to the USAID’s Geographic Management Information System.
- Assist in the management of field monitoring, evaluation design, empirical and statistical analysis, environmental compliance, and management of information systems.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control for local subcontractors.
- Collect and verify data on technical implementation, coordinate with both technical and operation staff and contribute to overall project reporting requirements as per contractual agreements. This might entail, but not limited to, quarterly and weekly reports, evaluation and case studies, success stories, etc.
- Work closely with project leadership and manage directly project efforts to effectively design and implement dissemination strategies and activities to communicate analytical products developed under the project as part of learning and/or strategic communications and public outreach agenda.
- The successful candidate will take the lead in supporting learning agendas, collaboration, learning and adapting, and knowledge management activities; all aimed at facilitating effective collaboration and promote learning and sharing among stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field, such as applied social sciences, development economics, or monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility working in M&E for donor funded development programs. USAID experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with GIS/GEO- MIS data collection tools.
- Experience in developing performance management plans (PMPs) and conducting data quality assessments (DQAs); analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data; using online M&E databases to collect performance indicators; conducting routine monitoring of data for a donor-funded project; and conducting participatory or impact evaluations.
- Experience writing findings and recommendations in assessment or evaluation reports.
- Experience in report writing, especially under USAID contracts, and development of dissemination; knowledge management and communication strategies.
- Strong organizational, writing and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to coordinate well with personnel within and outside the project, meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
- Computer literacy, with ability to analyze and interpret data using Excel, online reporting tools, or statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills, both verbal and written.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.